Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Egypt Bend questions

Default Egypt Bend questions

Hi all,
    I have a tracker 175 and I like to give Egypt Bend a shot but I am hesitant because I've never run a boat on this stretch of the river before. Can the river be run from the rapids above the ramp and down to the dam without worry or is there shallow spots and snags hidden throughout? I've looked at the aerial views on google earth but it wasn't clear enough for comfort. Also, the parking area doesn't appear to be very big. Does the lot fill up pretty quick on weekends?

Your fine if you stay towards the middle of the river from the ramp to about 2 or 300 yards before the rapids. Down from the ramp is all deep but you will need to watch for trees in the middle of the river. They use to be easy to see but i haven't been there for a couple years. There are alot of pleasure boaters and jet skis on weekends.

Great, thanks for the info!

Running up towards the rapids your ok in the middle untill the last straight stretch, there is a tree in the middle that is clearly visible, 7-9ft deep. You dont want to run on plain not far after that. There is a set of steps on the left is where i would stop and trim up and idle for a little. Heading towards the damn, once you see the big tree in the middle(Cant miss it) STAY TO THE RIGHT OF THE TREE all the way to the dam, thats the channel gets 15-20ft deep not far off the bank. The is a huge flat basically from that big tree to the dam that come way out, only 4-5ft with scattered trees, stumps, rocks. Hope this helps

there is some shallow rocks below the trees about half way down towards the middle. It will ruin your day. Like most said just stay to the right side of the middle going down. there is a outboard in the water near that rockpile....lol When the grass would clean the river up you could see it...
    </div>

Forgot to mention about parking, shouldn't be a problem if you get there early(sunrise)

Great info. Thanks again guys.

The ramp is fairly steep, 4wd can be helpful at times when the ramp is wet. I saw a front wheel drive mini-van smoking the front tires trying to get a boat up the ramp.

Does anyone have any updates regarding trees, or other things to avoid in the water?

Thanks- Lou

Going up river you are pretty good...once you go down river you will see some trees standing in the middle of the river..once you get to that section I'd avoid running to the left the rest of the way down to the damn..stick to the right and you won't have any issues.
    I'm about to play my Ace

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast