Thread: I messed up fellas.

Default I messed up fellas.

Guys.....I made a mistake at Friday's weigh-in. Having always abided by the old LAPR rules....I forgot that I had adjusted my "dead fish" penalty back when Brian set his new rules. See http://va-outdoors.com/threads/14699...AY-quot-Series.
    That said.....the winning team of Jeff & Pat had 7.05 lbs and I deducted .25 lb per LAPR rules for their one dead fish. This gave them a total of 6.80 lbs. It should have been 7.05 lbs minus 1.5 lbs for the one dead fish for a total of 5.55 lbs. That would have given John & Corey the win with 6.80 lbs.
    Accordingly....rather than making a big deal about it......John & Corey's entry fee, TX BF and Individual Annual BF fee for the next Weekday Series is on ME.
    Hope this is OK with everyone and I apologize for not picking this up earlier.
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."

Larry , I think I can speak for Corey and myself when I say don't worry about any entry fees for the next weekday event.
    I look at these like friends would get together on a Friday night poker game. We just throw a little money in a pot to have something to shoot for. If you happen to win your gas money back all good.
    Its a admirable quality in a person to step up and say they dropped the ball. You don't see that much anymore. As always we appreciate you running the logistical part of the weekday events and look forward to the next one. Thanks again, John

Quote Originally Posted by Fish 4-5 View Post
    Larry , I think I can speak for Corey and myself when I say don't worry about any entry fees for the next weekday event.
    I look at these like friends would get together on a Friday night poker game. We just throw a little money in a pot to have something to shoot for. If you happen to win your gas money back all good.
    Its a admirable quality in a person to step up and say they dropped the ball. You don't see that much anymore. As always we appreciate you running the logistical part of the weekday events and look forward to the next one. Thanks again, John
    This my friends is what makes VAO a special group. Congrats John and Corey also. You to Larry
    Crank That Jank!

Larry,

I will be more than happy to return the winning monies if need be. I appreciate what you do to put together these fun weekday tx and would do what is needed to make it right. Your a stand up guy!

Congrats John and Corey!

Jeff
    Last edited by DropShot33; 06-28-2015 at 09:29 PM.
    Jeff M.

Thanks for the replies from both parties. Much appreciated John for your words and understanding. I do owe you guys somehow though. Jeff.....no need to return any monies or anything and I also appreciate your offer. I realize that these tournaments are more for fun than anything, but when I create a rule, make a statement, set a precedent.....whatever.....I always try to abide by it. That kind of stuff eats at me if I don't man up and do the right thing. Sometimes it comes back and bites me, but in this case I feel that all of you guys are my friends and I intend to keep it that way for a long time. Thanks.
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."