Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are you seeing for acorns this fall

Default What are you seeing for acorns this fall

So far I am not seeing squat on my white oaks, have to keep checking but seems like it might be a little off. Hickory are going crazy but that just drives the tree rats wild.

Hickory dropping here pretty good also. Deer been moving all through the day at my house. Even during midday whennits been the hottest. Been seeing the same two bucks traveling together for atleast 3weeks now about every day at some point here
    Crank That Jank!

Yep same here - seeing the most activity between 2PM and 8PM

Deer moving all day here as well. Haven't notice the acorns yet but will check it out soon. Probably due for a poor crop. It's been so wet. We usually get the best acorn crops when its dry. Weak to no acorns when its wet.
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

Not a single acorn on any of the oak tree's in my yard, and I have White, Red, and Pin oaks...

To be honest, I think it will make hunting a bit better. Should really push them into my 31 Kill plot good

I would agree EJP - the 31 plots should do well this year.

I have more luck when acorn crops are down a bit simply because deer are moving a lot more to find food. I have spent a little more time and effort shoring up a couple of food plots I've tinkered with in years past. Two years ago when we had such an awful acorn crop I had a personal best season so we'll see what happens I reckon.

I made the mistake of getting on ArcheryTalk forum yesterday and got my blood pumping again unfortunately it's only July.

So I noticed yesterday my driveway, which is surrounded by white and pin oaks, was literred in teeny tiny acorns... they do not look like last years acorns, and they are dropping much earlier. I don't know if they are stunted because of the dryness over here on the shore this year or not?

My 31 kill plot is going in thursday afternoon, friday looks like a good slow rain day for good germination. Hoping we get 1 day a week of a good rain until our season starts on sept 11th. Here at the house we also had real late beans, they are only about 8" tall right now, and they are pounding the neighboring farm which had early beans that are about 3' tall... should be a good transition soon, with my kill plot getting some early afternoon love before the walk out into the big fields in the evening.

Tons of acorns on my oaks. But still very small. Im expecting a great crop.

"They call Mike the tin man, not because he has an aluminum boat but because he has no heart..." ~ Squire

I did a little scouting on the white oak flat behind the house today and didn't see any acorns. I did see more deer sign than I've ever seen back there. I followed the sign and found the beech trees on the hillside behind the flat were dropping an amazing amount of beech nuts this year, and the deer are hammering them. I never knew deer even ate them but it's something I'll definitely pay attention to from now on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast