Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8/1/15 Priority Toyota Series

Default 8/1/15 Priority Toyota Series

Mike and I fished the 5th tournament of the year this past Saturday and had a pretty good finish but it was a tough day of fishing. We blasted off boat number 114 with high outgoing water. Our first spot was a creek mouth and we threw a variety of baits and only managed 1 small keeper flipping wood cover. Went to another creek mouth and picked up 2 decent keepers also flipping wood cover. With the tide half out we ran down river and fished in a small creek and caught 2 more off trees with finesse worms to finish our limit. We had maybe 8 pounds. We hit some main river pilings after that and picked up a small cull flipping. At 10:30 we ran back to our first spot and caught another small cull and then that would be it until the last 45 minutes of the tournament. We figure we have close to 10 lbs. We go to a spot that has been good to us in the past and it didn't disappoint this time. Mike lost a decent fish on a crankbait and I catch one that didn't help. Then Mike catches one that will cull a little on a finesse worm. Then with about 20 minutes left I hook up on a good one with a crankbait. Took my time with her and we get her in the boat. At this point we head back in. We were having problems with fish care and didn't want to loose another one. We had a dead fish that we couldn't cull that hurt us. Not sure what happened to that one. The one Mike caught late with the finnese worm was hooked deep and didn't make it. He was picking out a back lash and the fish was on it the hole time. So we weigh in and the big fish weighed 6.58 lbs and our total was 14.75. With a 1 lb penalty for the 2 dead fish we net 13.75 and finish 7th out of 130+ teams. If those fish make it we finish 4th. We used rejuvenate, changed out the water, I'm not sure what the deal is other than almost 90 degree water but we have to figure that out. Will have to get more ice next time. Anyway, it was a good finish for us and thanks to the good Lord for the big one at the end of the day!

Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

Great work, E. Nice hawg.

Great job E.
    Wishin' I was fishin'...
    www.lds.org

Nice job E!
    I'm about to play my Ace

way to go E. Yall are gonna win one soon enough!
    </div>

Quote Originally Posted by J.Cash View Post
    way to go E. Yall are gonna win one soon enough!
    Haha I sure hope so. If fish don't die or come off we could have finished 3rd and 4th in the last 2. You need a flawless tournament to win one of these with the studs on that river! Maybe we will get lucky soon!
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

Congrats E.
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."

Well done and nice fish!

Congrats
    2010 VAO March Madness Overall Winner

That's a beaut. I have no experience with live wells, but remember all the tricks I'd try to keep minnows alive in the Richmond heat. I'd often drop the bait bucket in the river tied to the john boat, but I also learned putting the bucket in the cooler with a lot of ice worked just as well. Those little tablets and aerators werent as effective as the cooler trick. I think the more ice idea is worth a try based on that. I've heardnof guys freezing a lot of water bottles and dropping them in the live well throughout the day. That might be a good way to keep it cool and not expose the fish to the tap water as it melts.
    Thank God For Rednecks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast