Remember that big one you caught? Or maybe you remember that day when everything on the lake was biting, and they were all big. That kind of day that you will never forget. Maybe it was just luck, or maybe it was a deliberate and conscience decision on your part – either way you were […]
The post Bass Fishing Success: Presentation, Location, Timing appeared first on VA Outdoors.

Remember that big one you caught? Or maybe you remember that day when everything on the lake was biting, and they were all big. That kind of day that you will never forget. Maybe it was just luck, or maybe it was a deliberate and conscience decision on your part – either way you were at the right spot at the right time throwing the right thing. That my fellow anglers is what successful angling is all about.

I used to read articles like this and think to myself “yea right, easier said than done” but it’s really not. Chances are that every time we hit the water we get two of the three right. That only leaves one to get figured out. To make it even simpler it’s a good bet that you have already figured out the best places and spots to fish so this equation is further reduced down to two choices; timing or presentation. “Am I doing the right thing at the right time, for the spot I’m fishing?”

Regardless of what species of fish, what time of the day, year, or body of water you fish; next time you find yourself doing more fishing than catching ask yourself this simple question “Am I using the right thing at the right time for this spot? Are we going to get it right every single time? Of course not. The bass’s activity level and whether conditions also play a part in catching; but day in and day out this simple three step process can be used to get you on fish fast.

God willing I’ll see you on the water so save a few for me.

Jim Whittman is a regular VA Outdoors contributor and tournament angler.
The post Bass Fishing Success: Presentation, Location, Timing appeared first on VA Outdoors.

Click here for more...