Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Putting in a food plot

Quote Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
    You all realize we're making 31's blood pressure go up by the day? He's sitting in Blacksburg wringing his hands. We need to figure out how to make a crayfish foodplot to draw the bass so we can catch them, that might make him go postal the rest of the way.
    LOL that's hilarious!
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

Quote Originally Posted by skeet1 View Post
    Lot of work put in on those, great work I'm sure it'll put food on the table. I still enjoy going into the wood and looking at sign and trails and trying to set myself up right.
    We still do that too Carl but having the plots is a little extra. Fun to hunt over them with the kids too. Plus its always a good time to spend a day working with your friends on something you love doing. we all brought our kids with us and they had fun playing while we were working. Plus it gave the wives a free day to do what they wanted so brownie points to boot! haha
    Eric

I will add that we have 3 plots for a total of about 4 acres. It took 2 full days with 4 of us and 2 tractors to get this done. Really a half day to do the burn (hung stands and stuff in the morning until everything dried out). Full day to do the planting.
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Big E View Post
    We still do that too Carl but having the plots is a little extra. Fun to hunt over them with the kids too. Plus its always a good time to spend a day working with your friends on something you love doing. we all brought our kids with us and they had fun playing while we were working. Plus it gave the wives a free day to do what they wanted so brownie points to boot! haha
    That's awesome, don't get me wrong to each there own I have no issue with it, I've helped father in law with his before. It will deff bring them in and put groceries in freezer. Bonus to make it easy for young ones
    2017 Ironman winner

Here's my little plot, plowed, disc'd and ready for fert/lime/seed probably next week. Pretty ghetto compared to that Taj Mahal of a plot Big E has, but it's the best I can do up here in hillbilly country. I'd guess it at about 1/10 of an acre, but man does it pull them in up here where there ain't much to eat.

31, you have viewed this thread 32 times and yet to leave a reply. You must be saving up for the humdinger lol
    Looks nice fellas. You grow it...they will come
    Crank That Jank!

Attachment 4725Holy Crap!! My 31 plot is already working. I'm gonna win every tournament this year!!

Lmao.
    Crank That Jank!

Quote Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
    Here's my little plot, plowed, disc'd and ready for fert/lime/seed probably next week. Pretty ghetto compared to that Taj Mahal of a plot Big E has, but it's the best I can do up here in hillbilly country. I'd guess it at about 1/10 of an acre, but man does it pull them in up here where there ain't much to eat.
    Hey bud those small plots are killer. All you need in some cases! I'm putting one in like that at my house on a power line right of way. Probably only 100' long x 20' wide. I think it will produce!
    Eric

LOL! 37 times, dood.

So, use more bait! If y'all could stalk and shoot (like real hunters) you wouldn't have to go to this level of effort or expense to cheat. Just sayin' . . .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast