Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rappahonck River 9/6/15

Default Rappahonck River 9/6/15

Got out early just as sun was coming up, water was calm with a light low lying fog on water. Water temp was right at 80* and I started off on some shallow timber next to deep water throwing a buzz bait. Hooked 1 around 11/2#'s then spent the next hour covering water with no takers. Hit a creek mouth the has a large tree in front of it and more debree out in 7-10'. Here I caught a nice 4.3#and a 3.6# on a frog and I think they must have been the only fish there besides yellow perch I caugh on buzz bait. Tide is now almost out so I ran down river to another creek mouth with no action. I then decided run further south where tide should be full out and incoming would soon start. Here I ran up into a shallow creek with pads with a few logs and trees in water. Top water wasn't working pitched jig with no luck then started throwing a black chatter bait with a craw trailer. The bite began but slow, caught 2 more 4.3 and a 4.2 and when they eat it they wanted it all. Tide had come in a bit and most of pads were getting covered up. I Decided to try something different on rigging a senko and started pitching into pads. It's was working real well started poping a lot of 11/2-2# fish and missing a few. They were eating it so well I was running out of senkos. The bite had now was not happening tide had come in so far and had the fish spread out. I was making last few cast and end of pad stretch when I had one thump it a went streaming through the pads, I hooked up and jumping several times out of water in pads and wrapping me around every one she could was my biggest of day a 4.5#er in which I thought was gonna weigh more pushing a length of 23" even looked as she was eating well. But still I'll take it that gave me 5 fish over 4#'s before 1pm, that totaled 21.4#'s a personal best of the rapp. Previous to this 3 years ago I had one the was just making 20. On this river those bags are far and few in-between generally a good fp5 fish limit will go 12-14#'s. If I knew how to post pics Id get them on here but I'm not iPad savvy.

Good job carl.

"They call Mike the tin man, not because he has an aluminum boat but because he has no heart..." ~ Squire

Great day out there Carl.
    Crank That Jank!

Nice job Carl.
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."

Awesome day Carl. Congrats
    1st Place VA East FOMNTT Potomac River 2006, VA East FOMNTT Big Bag 2006, VAO Frog Only Tournament Winner 2011

Great bag for any river and sounds like an awesome day fishing. Thanks for the report.
    You cant catch'em if your baits not in tha water.

To bad can't do it when it counts. We had a his her event with club Saturday and could only muster 4 fish for 6.73

Great day Carl! Good job!
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

Nice job Carl!
    I'm about to play my Ace

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast