Thread: My advice for fishing Anna.

Default My advice for fishing Anna.

Lake Anna ain't a normal lake. After 20 years it still remains a mystery to me. But here is what I do know about Anna.
    I've learned to tell the difference between a good day and a bad day.
    What I mean by that is this. Even on a good day if you ain't doing the right pattern you're going to have a bad day. Then there are days when you're doing everything right and you're still not getting bit. Being able to tell the difference between the two makes all the difference in the world on your chances to do well in a tx.
    A normal day for me is seven to ten bites. An awesome day is fifteen to twenty bites. During a tx if I haven't gotten one or two bites by ten o'clock I take that as an indicator that it's a tough bite. That's when I start running and gunning attempting to catch a few that are biting. If however I can get a couple of bites by 10, then that tells me enough to figure out the rest of the day.
    I've spent hundreds and hundreds of hours finesse fishing Anna on a bad day with nothing to show for it. So for me it doesn't matter where on the lake I'm fishing or what adjustments I try to make, a tough day is a tough day and all I can do is cover water and look for a few that are biting. My biggest challenge on Anna, day in and day out, is trying to figure out as soon as I can if its a bad day or Im on the wrong pattern. Very few times do I get it right. But when I do, I normally do very well.
    I have a process that I go through each time to help me try and figure it out. My best advice to you is for you to develop a process that you trust to help you get it figured out too.
    Lastly I will say this. A good day is
    a good day. If it's a day that the fish are biting then multiple patterns
    are working most everywhere on the lake. Shallow, deep, docks and brush piles are typically all working. Then it's a matter of choosing one that has the potential for the better quality fish.
    Good luck, God bless, and see ya out there.
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

somebody have a bad day yesterday on the Lake? LOL.....
    cheers,
    Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
    Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

Lol. Yep. Being hard headed is the main reason too. In or out of uniform you can always tell a marine. You just can't tell em much lol.
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper