Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I love fishing the winter.

A trip on Claytor is really cheap since it's not big enough to really have to run anywhere much. I do most of my fishing between the state park and peak creek.

PF - Would enjoy the company. Will PM you when we get this set up.

The hidden message/lesson in Jim's note is timing. Winter is perfect for us - no rec turds cluttering up the water, no wakes or waves cluttering up our sonar screens, and fairly stable water conditions all add up to the perfect time to study the stuff we're going to be fishing in a few weeks time. More often than not, I'm out with a notebook and pen vc a fishing rod this time of year. The advent of 3d downscan and photo/video shots of sonar images give us unprecedented detail to study and apply to our fishing plans. Yes, the fishing can be great in winter when it comes to size. But the best parts (from my very narrow view of the world) are the freedom and privacy that winter brings.

freedom and privacy that winter brings
    Exactly. I go to Philpott a lot in the winter during the week and sometimes fish all day and never see another boat. My wife says it's because I'm the only one stupid enough to go, but what does she know, she married ME.

Good write up J1M, as far winter baits go I would say the mighty grub deserves an honorable mention
    "I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane"

- Waylon Jennings

Aaron really turned me onto winter fishing the last couple years. There is also something crazy about a blade bait in the winter but I've had a blast fishing them. I can't wait to get the boat back out and at it very soon!

Brrrrrrrr, love me some cold water fishing. I've been more excited about this than putting venison in the freezer
    2017 Ironman winner

I enjoy winter Bassin' too, but most years don't start till late January or February. I've always been in the woods from october till january. The few times I've ventured out in November or december its been nice. I'll probably do alot more early this winter
    </div>

Quote Originally Posted by dreaminbig View Post
    Aaron really turned me onto winter fishing the last couple years. There is also something crazy about a blade bait in the winter but I've had a blast fishing them. I can't wait to get the boat back out and at it very soon!
    What are you waiting on...lets go
    I'm about to play my Ace

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12