Thread: SML2-6

Default SML2-6

The guys who usually run the Claytor winter series put one on at SML today out of Oak Grove. Had 18 boats. I only caught 6 fish all day, but did manage to weigh 14.14 for a 3d place finish. Got a little breezy around mid day, but not too bad for Feb. 2d place had 14.36. They had an 8lb er and 4 peanuts, but that got it done for them. First was 15 something.

Glad I got to fish, after looking at next week's weather. Looking pretty nasty. My next one will be Feb 27. CATT tourney out of Smith.

Getting the bronze ain't shabby.
    Thank God For Rednecks

I was very pleased with the day. Beautiful day for first week of Feb. But the only bummer was with only 18 boats they only paid two places so I was sucking hind tit on the payout. But hey, beats going down there and zeroing.

nice work, Charlie!

Water temps at Smith are still 41-43, which is high for this time of year. This coming weeks' cold snap will probably put it in the high 30's, which makes it a little tough. I missed the best part of the morning fixing a minor boat issue. Cranking battery would turn the engine, but not enough to start. A mad dash to AdvanceAuto to replace a battery is no way to start the day, but it worked out OK, only lost about an hour of fishing time.

Still a good finish and nice to be on the water in early Feb! good job!
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

6 bass in February is a great day IMO. I'm jealous. How were you catching them?

4 on float n fly and two on a dropshot.

Did you catch any smallmouth?
    I'm about to play my Ace

Not a one, which is odd this time of year, but it was all LM. For some reason I don't get as many SM as I used to at Smith.