Thread: Priority Toyota Series 4/2

Default Priority Toyota Series 4/2

Mike and I made the run to the Chick for this one and had a pretty decent day we thought. The ride to the Chick was fairly bumpy in spots. The wind was blowing pretty good. The tide was high incoming but lower than usual. We started out flipping a few trees and a dock and picked up 2 small keepers pretty quick. A gust front blew in and it started raining pretty good and the temps dropped. We ran to our 2nd stop and had no bites so we started fishing a nearby flat. Working our way down the flat another boat jumped in front of us about 60 yards away. We thought that was pretty rude but they jumped on the sweet spot as we were working our way to it. Anyway they fished on and when we got to the sweet spot we caught 3 keepers right behind them as they watched us! We had a limit at that point but for only about 9 lbs. We ran to another flat up the river and picked up 2 more fish that would cull. From there we just ran a bunch of spots. Trees, flats, docks... we ended up running out of time or we had several other places we wanted to fish. We ended up catching 15-18 bass total with our best 5 going 14.45 lbs. Took 15 1/2 to make a check (top 32) and 20+ to make the top 10. Was an incredible day. 25+ won the tournament which is impressive! Was 163 teams total that fished the first tournament and we were boat #136. Can't give away too many details because we do it again in less than 3 weeks. Hopefully we can run into a couple bigger fish!
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

Good job E.

The Jimmy is putting out some incredible bags over the last few years. 10-bags over 20lbs...Sounds like a place we used to know a little further up I-95.

Quote Originally Posted by gnfsnva View Post
    Good job E.

The Jimmy is putting out some incredible bags over the last few years. 10-bags over 20lbs...Sounds like a place we used to know a little further up I-95.
    Hopefully it doesn't have the same fate in a couple of years...

Nice job out there E!
    I'm about to play my Ace

14.45 is a respectable bag. In most big tourneys that will get you a check. I've seen many a day I would have stabbed somebody for 14lbs!

I miss the Chic.
    Thank God For Rednecks

Quote Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
    14.45 is a respectable bag. In most big tourneys that will get you a check. I've seen many a day I would have stabbed somebody for 14lbs!
    We thought we only had about 13 lbs. If you told me before weigh in we had 14.45 I would have thought for sure we would get a check. We had 14 something last year and finished 12th.
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

Nice work e.
    </div>