Thread: Kerr 5/13-15

Default Kerr 5/13-15

Well at about 9:30 Thursday night my wife said we should camp this weekend, so a few quick checks on the ol' internet we had reservations for North Bend park.

I was able to fish for a few hours Saturday and Sunday.
    Saturday wasn't bad first thing in the morning I stayed close to North Bend Park, with the water in the 306 range there is lots of stuff to fish. I caught several fish in a couple hours all came on a Baby brush hog flipped to the flooded cover. nothing big they were all 12-14" class fish. water temp was 70*. the wind started picking up in the afternoon so I just Hung out at the camper.

Sunday I went for about two or three hours in the morning, weather was alot different, it was already a stiff 8-10mph breeze at 830am and in the upper 40s. still stayed near the park and worked more flooded trees. Only had one thump and had one on in the 3lb class that got off right at the boat as I was trying to get it away from the brush. By the looks of the water line the lake had dropped roughly 4" overnight and both of these bites were on the very outside edge or just off of it, where Saturday the bites were up inside further. Water was maybe a degree cooler on average.

They are pulling water steady trough Kerr Dam, we all rode down to the tailrace area after we took the boy's out for some soft serve ice cream on Saturday, and the headwaters of Gaston there are as full as I've ever seen them. So the COE is working hard to get Kerr back to regular pool.

Good luck to my friends fishing the Elite 70 this coming weekend, you boys should have an awesome time!

Check out Lucky's Dairy Bar, its on the left hand side of Rt. 4 go over the dam and go a mile or two past the entrance to palmers point. Just a little mom and pop type place that we've gone to as long as we've visited the area I like finding little hidden places like this. They have soft serve ice cream and a lite menu like burgers and dogs type of stuff. Pretty neat place that has been down there for years.
    </div>

Sounds like a nice little weekend with the family. Thanks for sharing.

what are the dates for the elites? where they launching out of?
    </div>

The VA Elite 70 is 5/21/16 and are launching out of Occoneechee SP
    </div>