Thread: 6/25/16 Priority Toyota Series

Default 6/25/16 Priority Toyota Series

Don't have much to report on this one. We didn't make any noise at all. We decided to run to the Chick first thing to hit a main river wood spot before the sun got up good. This spot has been good in the weeks leading up to the tournament but on this day they weren't biting. We caught 1 squeaker so we decided to hit another spot with wood in the mouth of a feeder creek and caught 2 small keepers. After that we ran to the back of a creek that had been producing. We fished several cypress trees for about an hour and did not get a bite. We ran out of there and jumped around hitting spots with nothing to show. Went back to our stating point at low tide and broke off a couple bites on barnacle invested wood. Ran to Gordons Creek and caught 2 more small keepers on a marsh bank so that was our limit for about 5 lbs. lol We decided to run back to the James to hit a good spot but the tide was out too far and we couldn't get to it. We knew we were pretty screwed at this point. Fished another main river wood spot and caught a couple 2 lbers to cull with and then my day would take a bad turn. I flipped a t-rig worm over a log and it hung up on the back side. When I tried to break it off it came back at me like a bullet and hit me under the chin. Felt like I'd been shot! To make it worse the 4/0 worm hook I was using was buried in my skin. When I realized it wasn't in my throat and I would survive we kept fishing for about 30 minutes and then I decided I wanted this thing out. Went back to the ramp and had my buddy Steve Camp try the fishing line deal to remove the hook. After three tries trying to jerk it out it wasn't happening. Had to make the trip to Patient First and they ended up pushing it through and removing it. Although it felt like they were going to rip my throat out in the process because it apparently wasn't that easy to push through. Anyway... this wasn't one of our better days but we will have a lasting memory from this trip! lol

Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

Damn E that looks painful. When I crossed the James on 288 Saturday it was straight up mud - what did things look like down there to the East - I know the city was telling people to stay off the river because of the 7 foot increase in water by late afternoon.

As I said on FB - 'Outside the mouth - no catch!!!'

Glad you are all good E. That could have been much worse.
    Wishin' I was fishin'...
    www.lds.org

Man E, that was a bad deal there. Been to the hospital a few times myself to get hooks removed. Feel for ya.
    1st Place VA East FOMNTT Potomac River 2006, VA East FOMNTT Big Bag 2006, VAO Frog Only Tournament Winner 2011

Yea I've had to push one through before, your skin is tougher than you think. Never fun
    2017 Ironman winner

Dang dude, dead center as well. Glad that thing didn't cause any searious damage! I can endure a considerable amount of discomfort and especially to keep fishing, but that would have been nearly impossible to ignore.

Naaah. He'll be bragging about that scar for years to come. Is that neck 12"??? You might coulda put a culling tag on it. Just sayin' . . .

Its the new VAO member tagging system. JS. Dad-megabass jerkbait, Erik-frog, Eric-worm hook, and thats just those in VAO that have posted about their 'tagging methods'.
    </div>

Quote Originally Posted by ExFishHead View Post
    Its the new VAO member tagging system. JS. Dad-megabass jerkbait, Erik-frog, Eric-worm hook, and thats just those in VAO that have posted about their 'tagging methods'.
    Well add a rat to Ek's list of self hook ups! lol
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions