I am a 2 year new resident of Virginia. I spend a lot of time on the VDGIF site on fishing regulations, and find some parts of it very confusing. Being new to the idea that all the reservoirs local to me (Ni Lake, Hunting Run, and Motts Run) are closed to fishing in the late Fall till late Spring as well as after 8:00 pm generally, I have been looking into wading, bank fishing, and canoe fishing the Rapidan and Rappahannock rivers during the times the other places are closed. I am excited in the trout, small mouth and large mouth bass opportunities in these rivers as well as the stripped bass, however when I try to find the season and creel limits on stripped bass I get very confused. From what I read, I find stripped bass in the Rapidan and Rappahannock to be 1 per day 20" to 28" May 16 thru June 15 and then again October 4 thru December 31. Can anyone verify this or state it correctly for me? I am retired and purchased the lifetime Virginia trout, salt water, and fresh water license, and fished since I was old enough to pee around Lake Erie, but have never read a set of regulations that are so confusing as Virginia's, then when you throw in things like "Fall Line" and "Tidal Waters", and whether or not you are north or south of a bridge or route number, it makes you just want to stay home. I live in Spotsylvania County, don't know hardly anyone around here but my kids who live fairly close. I expect to wade, or canoe from the Eli's Ford, Hunting Run boat launch, Motts Run Boat Launch, Little Falls Boat Launch, and Hopyard Landing Boat Launch. Can anyone tell me whether or not the current is typically weak enough to get back to these points in a canoe once downstream in the last two (Little Falls and Hopyard Landing.) I appreciate any information that anyone will share.