Thread: Morris Creek Sept. 11, 2016

Default Morris Creek Sept. 11, 2016

I met up with my old fishing buddy and fished his King and Queen County pond Saturday. We got some pounders in there on flukes and I had one blow up my Rage Toad. We left our gear out on the porch as we had Morris Creek on the agenda early Sunday. I woke to fine someone stole my frog rod off his porch. They left my other rod and all tackle. That rod was less than a year old, an IMX Mag Bass G Loomis with a Revo inshore baitcaster. I figure a kid was roaming his neighborhood stealing whatever he could quickly carry off.

Once we got to Morris, a creek I hadn't fished in 20 years, I noticed a lot of grass mats that weren't there before. Without my toad, i tied on a buzzbait to run around them. I had four blow ups boating three with this nice one amongst them:
    Name:  1900512249.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  27.8 KB

We did nothing else the rest of the time. Tide was dead low while we paddled. Superflukes didnt draw a bite. I dragged a 6XD for fun across the creek bottom for fun and nothing.

Morris is a good creek to paddle. The ramp in the Management area is in good shape. The place seems less frequented than when I was in school. I remember there were always people on the bank, putting in, and more litter.
    Thank God For Rednecks

Nice fish..sucks to hear about the rod but sounds like it could have been worse...
    I'm about to play my Ace

Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    Nice fish..sucks to hear about the rod but sounds like it could have been worse...

The fishing gods were with me. If not for the stolen rod, I would have probably fished that toad with no strikes. I haven't fished a buzzbait in years and it paid off with a brief flurry of activity.

I will just buy another stout rod and spool up an old Revo S with some flourocarbon for some big paddle tail swimbaits. Striper season kicks up next month. That rod was never one of my favorites,
    Thank God For Rednecks