Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is everyone seeing?

Default What is everyone seeing?

Starting to see some rubs and scrapes popping up finally. Getting a few pics of some bucks as well but everything is at night. Had 6 different bucks show up on camera last week but only one is decent. I'm not seeing any daytime movement where I'm hunting. Hoping once this full moon gets out of here I'll start seeing some deer in the evenings. Hoping things will get going by this weekend. I've heard of some chasing already. Mostly young bucks I would guess.
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

Just some small bucks on my camera E. Spikes, 3's and a 4 pointer. Had a nice little basket 7/8 point but only a 2 1/2 yr old. Lots of does too!
    </div>

Lots of does and fawns. Bucks are very small. Spikes and one 4 pointer. Couple of small bears running amuck also.
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."

I went to gas in the truck yesterday around 11a.m...... two does ran across the road, and right behind them was a small buck dogging them out....

Other than that, no real "rut" sign yet, meaning rubs or scrapes with the WT's..

Now, the Sika the rut is going off hard. As you know from my texts they are responding to calls big time... Today starts muzzleloader, and I am going Sika hunting and hoping to top last weekends stag.

I don't have any good WT bucks on cam, just random 2yr olds, nothing I am excited about. That's okay, I will keep popping does :-)

I have a lot of time off during the rut, and as usual, some bigguns will make random appearances then and I hope to meet one then.

Saw some chasing this AM on the way into work. Fairly young 6 pt hot on the trail of some tail. Scrapes and rubs all over in my lot.

I'm hearing more and more recently about bucks dogging does right now. Seams a little odd being that we should be in the "October Lull" right now.
    Eric

What am I seeing? From the stand I see a ton of acorns, a lot of tree rats, and skeeters that would make a a bird look small and feel bad about itself.

In all seriousness though not a whole lot of activity. I did see a couple new scrapes pop up last week but nothing but small guys.

Watched a tractor-trailer rig take out a buck and doe in one shot this AM on the way into work. The buck was def chasing tail.

Quote Originally Posted by 31Airborne View Post
    Watched a tractor-trailer rig take out a buck and doe in one shot this AM on the way into work. The buck was def chasing tail.
    A lot of that going on right now!
    Eric

I've been bowhunting the whole season for the most part. Took the smoke pole one time. I have never seen a rut like this one, deer running everywhere last week or so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast