Thread: VB again 11/5-11/6

Default VB again 11/5-11/6

Headed down Saturday morning and launched in Lynnhaven inlet at 9:30am. I was greeted by bright blue skies, dirty water, and lots of wind. Ugh. Fishing was tough. There were plenty of small trout around but even they were a little more challenging to catch than usual, even after I downsized to light tackle and 6lb test. I ended up catching a couple dozen of them, mostly <12" but a few up to 16 or 17".

I headed back into the marsh and found 3 or 4 reds up to 19" in the shallow water, caught them on jigs and spinnerbaits. I liked the spots on this one.

Kept 1 red and released everything else.

Saturday night I launched in a different spot. It was now dead calm and there was very little current....and fishing sucked. I caught a handful of trout with 1 that was maybe 18". Also a few runt stripers and a bluefish under some dock lights. By the time I got off the water early Sunday morning, the bite was completely dead, not even the baby specks were biting.

Got a few hours of sleep in the car and on Sunday morning I gave it another shot in Lynnhaven. The wind was back and in 3 hours I caught 1 speck of maybe 18" and several little ones. Couldn't find any reds this time.

Headed home from there. Tough fishing but a fun weekend anyway!

Nice outing and pictures.
    1st Place VA East FOMNTT Potomac River 2006, VA East FOMNTT Big Bag 2006, VAO Frog Only Tournament Winner 2011

Nice pics, sounds like good time. Sometimes even the small ones can brighten a other wise dull day
    2017 Ironman winner