Thread: 4/23

Default 4/23

Got down to SML this past sunday to fish in the cold front and rain..The rain actually held off until about 12 which was nice because it was miserable after that. Most of the creeks had a substantial stain to it, we headed back into the back half of Indian Creek and it looked like some of the creeks on the Potomac....Water was 65 and we saw a ton of shad activity. We only managed 2 keepers on top water and would of had a limit but the club we fished with had a 14 inch minimum for all fish. We lost a few key fish at the end of the day that would have helped. Most of the fish we caught came off lay downs and without having much experience or TOW there its hard to break the lake down because there is so much of it and so much looks good. They still caught them, 14 to win our club and I saw there was another tourney on the lake and the top 3 all had over or around 20 pounds. In hindsite perhaps we should of headed further down lake but who knows. Another one of those lakes that I wish was closer as its super pretty and different that what we normally fish.
    I'm about to play my Ace

I also wish SML was closer. Never been, but I love fishing clear water. Thanks for the report.

nice work, a-ball. yep, no shortage of cover on SML. we need to link up for an outing.

would def like that 31, its been awhile
    I'm about to play my Ace

remember your hearing aides 31, you know how fast Aaron talks
    cheers,
    Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
    Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

LMAO - tru dat