Thread: Pilpott 5/16

Default Pilpott 5/16

Hit the Pot last night for their Tuesday night tourney. Had 10 boats. Weather was perfect. No wind, warm, fish bit, win all the way around.

Caught 1 on a wacky hooked slug-go before dark and had several come up, but wouldn't take the bait. They also wouldn't hit my Rico, which is usually money this time of year. Got one on a spinnerbait right after dark, then had a dead spot. About 10 the shad started to come up and I finished off a limit in short order. Problem was they were all peckerheads. Weigh in was at 11 and I never could upgrade. Everybody had fish, but nobody had any size. BF was less than 3 and 10lb and some change won the tourney.

After the tourney I went back out to topwater fish with the shad up. Caught several more small bass and 4 walleye on a topwater BX minnow. Shad spawn is just getting fired up. Topwater action is getting ready to get silly at night. Headed back Thursday night to chase walleye.

Awesome.

Love the plug for the 'Slug-Go'. Haven't heard about them in a looooong time, and I clearly remember cutting my teeth fishing with those and 7" 'Red Shad' Culprits. Good times.
    Wishin' I was fishin'...
    www.lds.org

Yeah, how's that for a trip in the way back machine? Love to fish em wacky. Here's the mac daddy walleye last night, just before his release into the Crisco bay. I just put the beer in there for a size reference. I don't condone the consumption of spirituous beverages or associating with women of loose morals.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice work, Charlie. I'll fill you in on Claytor after our event this weekend.

Good luck there on Claytor. That fickle bitch might give you 25lbs and might skunk you.

Catching a walleye on topwater would be awesome. WTG

They get up in the breeding shad at night just like the bass or stripers do. I love night fishing them with wake baits. Particularly during the week where the boat traffic is virtually non-existent on Philpott. Headed back down tonight to make another run at em.