Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wacky Rig or Texas Rig?

Quote Originally Posted by Squire View Post
    I misspoke actually....The wacky rig with a nail weight is a NEKO rig. Ned rig is a HOT numbers bait now.....

another way to fish the wacky rig is to PEG a light bullet sinker about 18inches in front. This is called a mojo wacky rig....you can mojo rig MANY baits....a real go to for many.
    Man, there sure is a lot of rigs Haha. The ned rig basically works like a jighead and plastic minnow?

I bet smallies would eat those 2 3/4 inch worms up. Might give that a try when I head out to the Rappahannock next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by 88mm View Post
    Man, there sure is a lot of rigs Haha. The ned rig basically works like a jighead and plastic minnow?

I bet smallies would eat those 2 3/4 inch worms up. Might give that a try when I head out to the Rappahannock next weekend.
    Yea, really light weights and the floating plastic so you get a real slow fall rate and apparently while the rig is on the bottom, the wave action and current hitting the line (and bait) cause it to kind of move around naturally. I've heard it is a huge numbers bait and smallies love them. I am stocking up for my Canada trip next month
    cheers,
    Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
    Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

I use the weighted wacky heads on deeper drops and cover. Usually a 1/16 or 1/8. There are several brands out there made w/ Gamakatsu EWG hooks. These are good.

I use the weighted wacky heads on deeper drops (bluffs, docks w/ +10' of water) and cover. Usually a 1/16 or 1/8. There are several brands out there made w/ Gamakatsu EWG hooks. These are good to have. A little bit faster sink rate but it doesn't affect the action on the plastic.

I bought into the hype about the Ned rig and found that it wasn't hype! Z-man Shroom head and Green Pumpkin Finesse TRD work well on those super slow days when nothing else will work. Takes some getting used to the small size and the lack of action (I'm a fluke guy) but man the fish seem to like them. One word of advice...don't put the used plastic anywhere except the trash can...they melt like butter in the hot sun and make a mess!

I'm a wacky kinda guy, lol but I like and use them all. Like Steve said pending the bite. The Ned rig I have not broke out yet. Young man I fished with this past winter and spring used them. Yes defiantly a numbers gig but only seen shorts thus far. But believe right presentation and color it'll do better.

If you fish a lot of superflukes, you can re-use the ones that are spent after fishing them texas rigged by placing them on a wacky rig. I've caught fish with them both ways.
    Thank God For Rednecks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12