Thread: Washington DC 8/12

Default Washington DC 8/12

My buddy's Triton is in the shop so we launched my little boat in Pentagon Lagoon to hit some spots in the DC area. Through the course of the day we fished from the Kennedy Center to to airport, including Washington Channel.

My friend put 4 bass in the boat early on a chatterbait, they were "keepers" but nothing special as far as size. I added an 8lb snakehead and a smallmouth that was maybe 12". We stayed until 2:30 but I don't think we caught a fish after 8am. Found a lot of really nice looking grass but we just couldn't find the bass this time. The tide was up all day so maybe that had something to do with it. It was a fun day on the water anyway, I'm looking forward to getting back out there.

Haven't fished up that way in a long time. Some really interesting stuff in the Pentagon lagoon and canals. Congrats on the big SH!

Nice work, and that's a cool pic of the snakehead.

As always, thanks for sharing.
    Wishin' I was fishin'...
    www.lds.org

Quote Originally Posted by 31Airborne View Post
    Haven't fished up that way in a long time. Some really interesting stuff in the Pentagon lagoon and canals. Congrats on the big SH!
    DC really is a cool place to fish. We spent a lot of time just checking out spots we'd never explored before. They weren't productive but it was still a good experience.

What happened to the frog bite on the Potomac? When I fished the river regularly 7-8 years ago, we would throw nothing but frogs all day and always kill em. Seems like only snakeheads hit them now.

Dunno, dood. Ashamed to say I haven't been out on the riva so far. Don't see it happening this year. Travel and TX schedules took me everywhere else. Will guess fish have adjusted after seeing every frog made and all of the possible presentations to go with them. Think it's also a matter of timing - fished a VAO Ironman event a couple years back where we didn't get a frog bite all AM, then killed them on it in the PM.

Have always wanted to go into the canals around the PNT lagoon. The wood in them looks awful bassy.
    Last edited by 31Airborne; 08-16-2017 at 08:56 AM.

They are in the grass. Your timing must have been off. Guve it another try next time. If you launched out of pentagon lagoon that's a great place to start or finish. The ditch in the back. The mound and the docks all hold fish. Next time your near the seawall try a crankbait that can reach the first drop off the wall. That almost always gets you fish.