Thread: August 26th-27th Double Report

Default August 26th-27th Double Report

Saturday
    This evening I had George and Tom on my boat who won the trip at a CCA Northern Va auction. These guys worked hard to catch a very small LGMouth and a nice big crappie on top water. The bite was not good and I asked to let me fish a bit and landed two respectable LGMouth. Then as golden hour fell upon us the bite just turned off. Still a great evening of lively conversation and new styles of fishing to them. Great crew.

Capt Mike

I had Gil on board and we fished some finesse worms in brown and green and caught a few small LJGmouth. Had a genuine snakehead blow up on a frog, and that was about all for the evening. Gil is always a pleasure to fish with. He brings big snickers bars for us all.

Capt Dave

Sunday

I had Gil and Tommy on with me for that last evening of the season. Low tide at golden hour and gin clear water. Looked like a perfect evening for the Zippin Ziggy. Started out flipping Wacko worms in the pads that still had water. No love there. Moved to a paddle tail swim bait and no love there. Moved to a spinnerbait and nada again. Moved to zipping Ziggy and not a single strike. I picked up a pop-r and after getting a permission slip to fish landed the only LGMouth of the evening. A respectable 2 lb er and golden once again shut down like the day before. Great crew again and so ends the Mattawomen Creek trips for 2017. Heading to Piankatank River for Sept and part of October.
    2017 on Mattawomen Creek was pretty good this year.

Capt Mike

This evening I had Steve and Jarod fishing with me. Good casters and also learned some fine points on casting and even some more on styles of fishing. Steve caught a seagull that was landed after a good fight and released unharmed. The fish just did not eat on our last day on Mattawomen Creek. Looking forward to bowfin and redfish next month.

Capt Dave
    Light Tackle Guide
    www.indianheadcharters.com

Thanks for the reports. I will go in there and keep the bass busy while you are gone
    1st Place VA East FOMNTT Potomac River 2006, VA East FOMNTT Big Bag 2006, VAO Frog Only Tournament Winner 2011

Bowfin and redfish - two totally different fish there! But both are strong