Thread: Wounded Warrior Fall Bass Classic

Default Wounded Warrior Fall Bass Classic

Had a great time as always. Friday night hosted B and a couple of his buddies for dinner and some glasses of bourbon as my new house is 30 minutes from the lake. Good way to start the weekend.

Saturday morning met Brian, his buddy Jerry, and Erik to launch at high point to avoid the madness at Sturgeon Creek. Ran down the lake and rolled into Sturgeon around 6:30. Signed up, grabbed some breakfast, and chatted with a few other VAO members like Larry, Steve, and Wayne. Finally got paired up right around 8 AM and blasted off with my warrior Roy. Lives in Spotsy, retired, was in the Marines which moved him from Michigan to Quantico. Weekend warrior fishing guy that does some occasional fishing in his kayak.

Long story short, got the chance to wash off a lot of my lures that have been dusty as fishing as been pretty non-existent since early spring. Fished around the state park first, we caught a couple perch and he had two bass spit the hook. Then ran over to the North Anna arm, fished some deep docks, some grass, some rock, etc. Little bit of everything. Ended up weighing in two bass for 1.94 pounds to cap off the day... Very slow for us, glad a lot of guys brought in limits, guess I am getting a little rusty on the bass fishing. A great lunch was served, I didn't see one person not smiling after the weigh in, and was great to see all the VAO guys again. Hopefully being closer to the lake and being able to keep the boat at my house some will afford some more fishing time. See yall on the water!

Nice report, and glad you got to catch up and get your feet wet.

But...don't be fooling yourself about fishing time, you are about to get married dude.
    Wishin' I was fishin'...
    www.lds.org

Quote Originally Posted by gnfsnva View Post
    Nice report, and glad you got to catch up and get your feet wet.

But...don't be fooling yourself about fishing time, you are about to get married dude.
    Still got a year... LOL

Oh a year out - ball chain might as well be fitted today. Just kidding, glad you got out and made the event. 30 minutes from the lake isn't bad. Sounds like you had a good time.

Good seeing you fellow Hokie. Fish while you can.....lol
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."