Thread: Hotside Nov 4th

Default Hotside Nov 4th

Decided to give the Hotside a try instead of sitting in the tree on Saturday.. good decision. Started on dike 1 before sunrise, caught a few on topwater and jerkbait including a above average one by my partner (2.5-3 lber). When light allowed made the run to dike 2 with same baits caught a few on that with above average mixed in but not really on fire. We spent a good bit of time in pond 2 with good numbers. Tried Elk creek but didn't have much luck so we came back and went to our best spot in pond 2 and proceeded to wack them. All in all a great day 50+ and that many more misses. One of the best days I had there with above average fish. No big ones but a lot of 2.5-3lbers. Lake level looks to be down 1-2'.

Nice - Hotside can be real fun when you find the better ones and they are eating.
    Wishin' I was fishin'...
    www.lds.org

sounds like a good day!
    I'm about to play my Ace

I'll be over there myself soon. It's that time of year.

good to see you back on the net, hammertime!

Well, I have taken a little break after getting banned on another site for calling out the owner on some obvious BS. I'm sure a lot here know the deal. I'm getting pretty dang close to retirement and I am going to spend a lot more time on the water. I've been getting my boat up to big water standards in case we have to ever take it to Lake St Clair on our annual trip. Just added Power Poles and upgraded to a Fortrex 112. Rebuilt livewell system and a few other odds and ends. I've also been on the Potomac a lot more and have been having a blast. Got myself a 14lb snakehead on 6lb test this summer and a lot of bass in the 4lb range so it's been fun. I'll try to report more here. Now that winter is upon us, I'm going to be hitting the Hotside more often and we may be having a fun get together around Christmas. I'll keep everyone posted. Not a TX just a get together since one of my Michigan friends will be in town. Actually I'll be over there Black Friday just to mess around and see how it looks with the low water.