Thread: From Maine to Virginia...new to state. Where are all the fly fishers?

Default From Maine to Virginia...new to state. Where are all the fly fishers?

Im looking for anyone who fly fishes. Looking for some good fishing tips. Best places to wet a fly. Maybe someone to share a stream or pond with.

No fly fisherman here, but welcome to the site.
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."

welcome aboard. reach out to GSniper (Charlie). he trout fishes a bit and is the most likely to fly fish. he's a ringer on smallmouth w/ the float-n-fly.

yooper??? gotta be some Michigan in there somewhere . . .

YES. Born and raised in the eastern U.P.
    When fly fishing is outlawed, only outlaws will fly fish.

UP to Maine to VA. Dood, your world has definitely taken a turn (or two). If you haven't already, check out the trout section on this page. Some good info on places, timing, etc in there.

Sorry, I ddin't properly introduce myself. My name is Russ and I'm born and raised in the U.P. of Michigan. Lived, fished and hunted there until leaving home to join the Air Force. After a 3+ year in Alaska, I decided to stay and make it my home. Got into fly fishing for trout and Grayling and fell in love with the sport. I was a worm dunker in Michigan, Yellow Perch, Walleye and Pike were the big three. Never got into Salmon fishing in Alaska...too many people on the rivers. We spent 30 years there until it was time to move. We chose Maine because it was closer to our parents. My wife is from Surry county Virginia and my mom still lived in Michigan. 11 years in Maine took me all around the state fly fishing. Tying flies and collecting fly rods are a few of my fishing habits. Family concerns brought us to Virginia in September of this year. It looks like I will be doing a lot of bass fishing in my area of the state. I do plan to do a few multiple day trips to the mountains for trout. I like to stream fish but my passion is small lakes and ponds. My canoe is fully set up for a day on stillwater. If the pond is right I will break out my float tube. Look for my silver Honda Element at a pond or stream near you. Name:  IMG_2774.JPG
Views: 30
Size:  61.2 KB Stop by and say hi. There is usually a wee dram of single malt in my pack.

I am a retired telephone man of 41 years. My wife and I live in Spring Grove with our two dogs and two cats. If you're ever in the area stop in, there is always a pot of coffee on or a cold adult beverage. I live 1/4 mile from a beautiful looking pond full of bass and perch. If I can just get the owner to let me fish it. Apparently no one can fish it.

Besides fishing, I am involved in Scottish activities i.e. Highland Games and other Celtic events. I tie most of my flies, enjoy handgun shooting, and do light woodworking.
    When fly fishing is outlawed, only outlaws will fly fish.