Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Briery Creek 12/2

A wacky rigged Zoom finesse worm works very well:

Wayne - Is there a link to your famous 'wacky rig'? I'm sure I've seen it somewhere, but figure you might have quick access to link it.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gnfsnva View Post
    Wayne - Is there a link to your famous 'wacky rig'? I'm sure I've seen it somewhere, but figure you might have quick access to link it.

Thanks.
    I don't see my article on a site that used to have it.

Jeff Banko posted his version on the site he used to maintain:
    http://fishingva.com/fishing-tactics...ess-wacky-rig/

I have the original version from 2009 as a .doc file I can send you via email. Also a couple of updated ones from 2009 and 2011.
    One of those is .pdf that was on the site that doesn't have it anymore mentioned above.

I was humbled (along with about 20 others) by this rig on an outing @ Guntersville some years ago [was one of the BFHP rallies there, Wayne - remember?]. You will be blown away by its simplicity.

Quote Originally Posted by 31Airborne View Post
    I was humbled (along with about 20 others) by this rig on an outing @ Guntersville some years ago [was one of the BFHP rallies there, Wayne - remember?]. You will be blown away by its simplicity.
    Yes, I remember.

It got popular at the Rally@Lake Fork. One year 5 of the top six used it.

If you visually saw fish blowing up on shad that would key me in that the fish where actively chasing shad..as has been my experience at Briery the few times that I have been there.....As Wayne mentioned the fluke seemed to excel there although if the fish where in the boat lane then you might be able to get away with a standard hard jerkbait....What I would suggest is figure out your sonar a little bit and get an idea of what depth the shad are at that particular day you are there and work on a presentation that gets to those depths
    I'm about to play my Ace

Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    If you visually saw fish blowing up on shad that would key me in that the fish where actively chasing shad..as has been my experience at Briery the few times that I have been there.....As Wayne mentioned the fluke seemed to excel there although if the fish where in the boat lane then you might be able to get away with a standard hard jerkbait....What I would suggest is figure out your sonar a little bit and get an idea of what depth the shad are at that particular day you are there and work on a presentation that gets to those depths
    I have caught many schooling bass using Traps, just depends on where the schooling is occurring. The fluke is best when schooling is going on in the standing timber and you can let it sink down in the trees when they are not on the surface.
    Also when I see schools near the bottom in 15'+ depths with my electronics a slow falling Fluke will get their attention, wacky rig will too.

One particular time before the grass got in the lake (later eaten by grass carp), I caught over 75 from one school using Traps since they were on a shallow flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    I don't see my article on a site that used to have it.

Jeff Banko posted his version on the site he used to maintain:
    http://fishingva.com/fishing-tactics...ess-wacky-rig/

I have the original version from 2009 as a .doc file I can send you via email. Also a couple of updated ones from 2009 and 2011.
    One of those is .pdf that was on the site that doesn't have it anymore mentioned above.
    I have been definitely rigging my wacky weedless rig the wrong way trying to use weedless pre-wired hooks. Thanks so much for sharing Wayne! I'm going to pick up some gear this weekend so I can have the rig done right for next week if I can sneak out of work. Will post a report if I can get up there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12