Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing in Tennessee - a funny story

Default Fishing in Tennessee - a funny story

My neighbors are brilliant people. They've deduced, by virtue of a bass boat being parked in my driveway, I like to fish. Many of them know I lived in TN for a spell before moving to Blacksburg. This past weekend one of them stopped by as she was walking her dog. We had the usual 'hood small talk then she asked, "Didn't you used to live in TN?" "Yes, I did," I replied. "In Kingsport, in NE TN." "Well then, you must know Bill Dance. He's from TN and he fishes a lot." I couldn't help but smile. "No, I've never had the pleasure of meeting Mr Dance but I sure would like to. He has a TV show, you know?" She replied, "Yes, I know. And when I saw his UT hat I thought for sure you would know him because you lived and fished there." Again, I smiled. "Mr Dance is a pro and a big time celebrity so the chances of me getting to meet him are pretty slim." "Oh, I didn't realize he was so popular. Maybe that's why he has his own TV show." Once again I smiled.

This lady teaches at VT. She's a tenured professor in their engineering school. When I tell you she's a rocket scientist you'll no doubt think I'm poking fun at her deductive reasoning abilities. But it's true - she teaches astrophysics.

The shortest distance between two points is a straight line in the opposite direction. Everyone who lives in TN knows Bill Dance. And the world turns . . .

peace, B

Surely you have Bill Dance's cell number on your phone, 31... lol
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

Oh, you were in the Army? I had a neighbor in the army. His name was Jimmy, but I don't remember his last name. Do you know him?

Had that conversation many times.

Somewhere, somebody is asking Bill Dance "Do you know that 31 guy? He used to live in Tennessee".

Quote Originally Posted by 31Airborne View Post
    My neighbors are brilliant people. They've deduced, by virtue of a bass boat being parked in my driveway, I like to fish. Many of them know I lived in TN for a spell before moving to Blacksburg. This past weekend one of them stopped by as she was walking her dog. We had the usual 'hood small talk then she asked, "Didn't you used to live in TN?" "Yes, I did," I replied. "In Kingsport, in NE TN." "Well then, you must know Bill Dance. He's from TN and he fishes a lot." I couldn't help but smile. "No, I've never had the pleasure of meeting Mr Dance but I sure would like to. He has a TV show, you know?" She replied, "Yes, I know. And when I saw his UT hat I thought for sure you would know him because you lived and fished there." Again, I smiled. "Mr Dance is a pro and a big time celebrity so the chances of me getting to meet him are pretty slim." "Oh, I didn't realize he was so popular. Maybe that's why he has his own TV show." Once again I smiled.

This lady teaches at VT. She's a tenured professor in their engineering school. When I tell you she's a rocket scientist you'll no doubt think I'm poking fun at her deductive reasoning abilities. But it's true - she teaches astrophysics.

The shortest distance between two points is a straight line in the opposite direction. Everyone who lives in TN knows Bill Dance. And the world turns . . .

peace, B
    Actually, the shortest distance between two lines is NOT always a straight line you old operator Let me know if you want proof Funny story buddy

so here is the challenge.....https://www.math.nmsu.edu/~breakinga...WebPage02.html
    cheers,
    Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
    Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire View Post
    Actually, the shortest distance between two lines is NOT always a straight line you old operator Let me know if you want proof Funny story buddy

so here is the challenge.....https://www.math.nmsu.edu/~breakinga...WebPage02.html
    I know I sux at math (and spelling, English, etc.) but isn't that asking for the shortest distance between four points instead of two points?

So Brian, does the rocket scientist sit around watching Bill Dance on Saturday mornings? Maybe you should offer to take her fishing?
    Last edited by Stratos 283 FS; 01-05-2018 at 11:04 AM.

Need blade baits? Click here

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos 283 FS View Post
    I know I sux at math (and spelling, English, etc.) put isn't that asking for the shortest distance between four points instead of two points?

So Brian, does the rocket scientist sit around watching Bill Dance on Saturday mornings? Maybe you should offer to take her fishing?
    So, if the shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line why isn't an x in the middle the shortest total line you can have?????? I should not have given the answer, because it doesn't allow you to suffer thru the logic....
    cheers,
    Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
    Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

That was good for a chuckle
    2017 Ironman winner

Tenured professor with little to no common sense? Ha ha ha.
    Thank God For Rednecks

Next time you run into Mr. Dance will you get me his autograph?

Who's Bill Dance?
    Wishin' I was fishin'...
    www.lds.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast