Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Fishing in Tennessee - a funny story

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA (for now)
    Posts
    3,028

    Default Fishing in Tennessee - a funny story

    My neighbors are brilliant people. They've deduced, by virtue of a bass boat being parked in my driveway, I like to fish. Many of them know I lived in TN for a spell before moving to Blacksburg. This past weekend one of them stopped by as she was walking her dog. We had the usual 'hood small talk then she asked, "Didn't you used to live in TN?" "Yes, I did," I replied. "In Kingsport, in NE TN." "Well then, you must know Bill Dance. He's from TN and he fishes a lot." I couldn't help but smile. "No, I've never had the pleasure of meeting Mr Dance but I sure would like to. He has a TV show, you know?" She replied, "Yes, I know. And when I saw his UT hat I thought for sure you would know him because you lived and fished there." Again, I smiled. "Mr Dance is a pro and a big time celebrity so the chances of me getting to meet him are pretty slim." "Oh, I didn't realize he was so popular. Maybe that's why he has his own TV show." Once again I smiled.

    This lady teaches at VT. She's a tenured professor in their engineering school. When I tell you she's a rocket scientist you'll no doubt think I'm poking fun at her deductive reasoning abilities. But it's true - she teaches astrophysics.

    The shortest distance between two points is a straight line in the opposite direction. Everyone who lives in TN knows Bill Dance. And the world turns . . .

    peace, B

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Mechanicsville, VA
    Posts
    2,201

    Default

    Surely you have Bill Dance's cell number on your phone, 31... lol
    Eric

    2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Oh, you were in the Army? I had a neighbor in the army. His name was Jimmy, but I don't remember his last name. Do you know him?

    Had that conversation many times.

    Somewhere, somebody is asking Bill Dance "Do you know that 31 guy? He used to live in Tennessee".

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ashburn, VA
    Posts
    3,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 31Airborne View Post
    My neighbors are brilliant people. They've deduced, by virtue of a bass boat being parked in my driveway, I like to fish. Many of them know I lived in TN for a spell before moving to Blacksburg. This past weekend one of them stopped by as she was walking her dog. We had the usual 'hood small talk then she asked, "Didn't you used to live in TN?" "Yes, I did," I replied. "In Kingsport, in NE TN." "Well then, you must know Bill Dance. He's from TN and he fishes a lot." I couldn't help but smile. "No, I've never had the pleasure of meeting Mr Dance but I sure would like to. He has a TV show, you know?" She replied, "Yes, I know. And when I saw his UT hat I thought for sure you would know him because you lived and fished there." Again, I smiled. "Mr Dance is a pro and a big time celebrity so the chances of me getting to meet him are pretty slim." "Oh, I didn't realize he was so popular. Maybe that's why he has his own TV show." Once again I smiled.

    This lady teaches at VT. She's a tenured professor in their engineering school. When I tell you she's a rocket scientist you'll no doubt think I'm poking fun at her deductive reasoning abilities. But it's true - she teaches astrophysics.

    The shortest distance between two points is a straight line in the opposite direction. Everyone who lives in TN knows Bill Dance. And the world turns . . .

    peace, B
    Actually, the shortest distance between two lines is NOT always a straight line you old operator Let me know if you want proof Funny story buddy

    so here is the challenge.....https://www.math.nmsu.edu/~breakinga...WebPage02.html
    cheers,
    Steve

    2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
    Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Penn Laird VA
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squire View Post
    Actually, the shortest distance between two lines is NOT always a straight line you old operator Let me know if you want proof Funny story buddy

    so here is the challenge.....https://www.math.nmsu.edu/~breakinga...WebPage02.html
    I know I sux at math (and spelling, English, etc.) but isn't that asking for the shortest distance between four points instead of two points?

    So Brian, does the rocket scientist sit around watching Bill Dance on Saturday mornings? Maybe you should offer to take her fishing?
    Last edited by Stratos 283 FS; 01-05-2018 at 11:04 AM.

    Need blade baits? Click here

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ashburn, VA
    Posts
    3,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos 283 FS View Post
    I know I sux at math (and spelling, English, etc.) put isn't that asking for the shortest distance between four points instead of two points?

    So Brian, does the rocket scientist sit around watching Bill Dance on Saturday mornings? Maybe you should offer to take her fishing?
    So, if the shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line why isn't an x in the middle the shortest total line you can have?????? I should not have given the answer, because it doesn't allow you to suffer thru the logic....
    cheers,
    Steve

    2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
    Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Message me
    Posts
    2,641

    Default

    That was good for a chuckle
    2017 Ironman winner

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    824

    Default

    Tenured professor with little to no common sense? Ha ha ha.
    Thank God For Rednecks

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Carroll County
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Next time you run into Mr. Dance will you get me his autograph?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,156

    Default

    Who's Bill Dance?
    Wishin' I was fishin'...
    www.lds.org


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Saw this story on reddit and thought it was pretty funny
    By turkeyaddiction in forum Virginia Turkey Hunting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-19-2014, 01:09 AM
  2. A Jack Daniels Fishing Story
    By just1more in forum VA Outdoor Off Topic Forums
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 05:18 PM
  3. Funny Dance
    By DropShot33 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-22-2012, 09:38 PM
  4. today's fishing story
    By bill1wts in forum Fishing Other Virginia Lakes and Rivers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-28-2008, 11:50 AM
  5. Would you need a fishing license or Hunting? Funny
    By Andywp71 in forum General Board
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 05:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •