Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Auger?

I'm going to wait on the wife to get home before I go cut my holes. I'll rope myself to my 4 wheeler and if I go thru she can back me out, or not depending on her mood. I've got my gear ready to go, just waiting on her to get home to go get set up.

Basic ice tip-up. Homeade. T bar with a dropshot rig on the bottom with cut bait. Catfish hits it, pulls it down, t bar won't let it go in the hole in the ice, stands up with engineer tape flag, set down hot coffee with bourbon in it, walk over and get fish. Got 6 ready to set, going to get bundled up, go bait em and see if I can get a fish.Name:  ice.JPG
Views: 72
Size:  162.3 KB

Watched a couple of episodes of Alaskan State Troopers last evening, people that live there are crazy. After the last couple of weeks here, I can see why. At least we have around 10 hours of daylight here.

Need blade baits? Click here

Nice Charlie! Like an idiot I went out and set half a dozen traps in a small spring....the only water I could find that wasn't frozen. It ran into a very large creek so maybe I'll catch a mink in the next few days. At least I got outta the house.

Not even a sniff on the tip ups. My pond is loaded with cats and it's small. I guess it's just too cold for them to eat anything. Oh well, kept me busy for awhile on an otherwise very crappy day.

It was dead up zero here this morning. My creek, which has quite a current as you can see from the elevation change, is nothing but a mini glacier right now.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Screw you catfish! So, I spent about 6 hours on this project, but I caught a catfish thru the ice. Block checked.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice!! Persistence paid off! Good looking pond by the way.

That's awesome!

Too cool! It's been 30 years since I pulled a fish through the ice.

Need blade baits? Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast