Thread: Status of the lake

Default Status of the lake

Thinking of getting out this weekend to chase some striper. Any report of if/where theres ice and if the schools are up lake or down lake with the recent cold weather?

Quote Originally Posted by vtbigmac View Post
    Thinking of getting out this weekend to chase some striper. Any report of if/where theres ice and if the schools are up lake or down lake with the recent cold weather?
    Pictures of the lake on FB from Anna Point show its frozen up to 208 bridge. I talked to people at High Point and they have 1 ramp with narrow path that boats are breaking out to get to clear water downlake. Sturgeon Creek is the place to launch at this point as they use a Pontoon boat to break ice and tow it away to create open areas around the ramps.
    cheers,
    Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
    Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

Dukes creek is also open and there is a new ramp down lake at Dyke 3 that is nice (so I've been told)...you can always find some striper at Dyke 3
    I'm about to play my Ace

Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    Dukes creek is also open and there is a new ramp down lake at Dyke 3 that is nice (so I've been told)...you can always find some striper at Dyke 3
    From VGDIF website today:

Facilities

The boat ramp located off of Rt. 522 has been closed since the Department lost its lease. Efforts are currently underway to establish another free public access to the lake. There is a handicapped-accessible catwalk for anglers at Dike #3 on Route 622. From Route 601, turn right onto Route 701 and watch for Route 622 on the right. From Route 208, take Route 652 to Route 701.
    cheers,
    Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
    Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire View Post
    From VGDIF website today:

Facilities

The boat ramp located off of Rt. 522 has been closed since the Department lost its lease. Efforts are currently underway to establish another free public access to the lake. There is a handicapped-accessible catwalk for anglers at Dike #3 on Route 622. From Route 601, turn right onto Route 701 and watch for Route 622 on the right. From Route 208, take Route 652 to Route 701.
    Lake Anna Beach Marina ....aka Pleasants Landing
    Crank That Jank!

Tried launching at the beach marina by the dam two weeks ago. with the lake so low theres really not enough water there to launch and recover safely. The trailer ends up way off the ramp and theres still on 12-18 of water to float the boat.