Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sandy Creek

Default Sandy Creek

I guess I'm just hard headed or something but I headed down to try Sandy Creek for the first time ever and decided right after the ice melted off the lake would be a good time to try it for the first time....water temps were 37/39 if I remember correctly....I looked and looked and looked some more for bait but I just could never really find it...I found a few isolated balls here and there heading up towards where the lake splits but nothing that got me excited....the few times I was able to find some fish the wind was blowing so hard it was nextr to impossible to stay on them....I did find one giant school of crappie close to the damn but the wind was blowing directly into the damn and I didn't even attempt to stay on them to see if I can could catch any...I did manage one stupid crappie that must of felt bad for me but that was it for the day...tossed everything in the winter play book..jerks, arigs, blades, d/s but just couldn't get it going.....maybe i'll try the lake again in the spring..maybe not we will see
    I'm about to play my Ace

I fished that lake once in March a few years ago. Caught a nice one a spinnerbait and found a 10XD.
    Thank God For Rednecks

I've only been there once myself, and didn't do too well on a cold November day. Water temps then were mid to upper 40's I suppose.

That said, I'm not going to give up on it, and will give that big bass factory a few more chances to produce.

Tough to fish slow enough for a winter bite when the wind is blowing you around. Thanks for the report.

I was at Sandy River Res. yesterday. I rode around a lot looking for bass and shad together. That was the key to catching.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    I was at Sandy River Res. yesterday. I rode around a lot looking for bass and shad together. That was the key to catching.
    I tried to use the info you shared with me to help but I just never found that combo ^^ not sure if you have a gas motor on your rig Wayne but was hard to get around that big of a lake on just a trolling motor especially with that wind that day....
    I'm about to play my Ace

Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    I tried to use the info you shared with me to help but I just never found that combo ^^ not sure if you have a gas motor on your rig Wayne but was hard to get around that big of a lake on just a trolling motor especially with that wind that day....
    The one day I was there was the first real day I'd had out on my kayak. I was paddling, in the wind, and was moving faster than a couple of the boats on TM's. That's a lot of water to cover by TM or paddle, regardless or wind.

Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    My boat is setup for Sandy River and Briery Creek with a 9.9 outboard and I add a transom electric trolling motor when fishing electric-only waters.
    Actually went there to test some sonar unit software since the fish are so predictable there this time of year.

I hear you on the wind. Makes you want the Spot Lock!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    I hear you on the wind. Makes you want the Spot Lock!
    Yes, spot lock is awesome
    </div>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast