Thread: Kayak Fish Finder Batteries

Default Kayak Fish Finder Batteries

One of the hardest choices for me was what battery to use with my kayak and fish finder...there are a couple common choices, either Seal Lead Acid types or Lithium Ion. Both have some advantages and disadvantages. I ended up going with a Nocqua Pro Power Kit 10Ah lithium Ion battery...it is small, light, and easy to use.
    One major question I had was how long would my battery actually last as far as powering my fish finder, so I hooked up my camera to find out.
    It was way longer than I expected, even with max brightness and the transducer attached. I timed how long it took to take my Garmin Striker 4 down to 10V which is the minimum recommended voltage.
    It ended up running for 36 hours non stop before voltage dropped to 10V...pretty impressive IMO.

I use the Noqua as well. It has been absolutely trouble free.
    Bill

I rigged up a game camera box. Fairly inexpensive and comes already in a waterproof box. I spliced in a 2-way flat connector so it would be more portable for the unit I use.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/stea...Battery%20Kits

Quote Originally Posted by gnfsnva View Post
    I rigged up a game camera box. Fairly inexpensive and comes already in a waterproof box. I spliced in a 2-way flat connector so it would be more portable for the unit I use.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/stea...Battery%20Kits
    The Nocqua costs about twice that, but I can tell you it is super light, portable, and easy to use. If your ever in need of a new battery it's worth a look...and FYI I am not associated with them in anyway...just honestly love the product for my uses.

I have the Hummingbird Fishin Buddy that I use on my canoe and float tube. It's self contained and uses 8 AA batteries.