Thread: Hot Side Tips

Default Hot Side Tips

Hi all. Will be heading down to Anna to fish the hot side for a few days next week. Any tips on where to find them and whats been working recently on the hot side? This will be our third time fishing the hot side the past 3 years. Years past docks and laydowns/beaver huts produced fairly well. Looking to use our sonar more this year to find and fish more underwater structure/cover instead of just beating the banks and docks. Hoping to run into some bait as well. Never really utilized our sonar much in the past to do this.

Really looking forward to getting out and doing some fishing!! Will be sure to report back after our trip with some, HOPEFULLY, good reports. Thanks in advance for any tips!!

The hotside is a great place to learn to offshore fish..there should be tons of bait and fish out there, especially white perch and catfish..I'm sure you'll still run into some bass out deep but a lot of them are up shallow...the winter is a much better time to look for them out deep imo
    I'm about to play my Ace

I think there has been an outage of one of the reactors since March 11th.....so there may not be much current.
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."

Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    The hotside is a great place to learn to offshore fish..there should be tons of bait and fish out there, especially white perch and catfish..I'm sure you'll still run into some bass out deep but a lot of them are up shallow...the winter is a much better time to look for them out deep imo
    Thanks, and good point.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtman View Post
    I think there has been an outage of one of the reactors since March 11th.....so there may not be much current.
    There has been an outage the last 2 years we have fished. Noticed current, especially the closer to pool 1 we got, and definitely some good current in the canal from 1 to 2. But I don't have a reference to what it normally is running like with both reactors up.