Thread: Powhatan Lakes 4-29

Default Powhatan Lakes 4-29

So I was itching to launch the kayak this year and wanted to stay close so I went over to Powhatan Lakes/WMA, except this time I was going to take live bait with circle hooks. Lunde told me I was cheating, I call it being desperate.... I really wanted jumbo shiners but had to settle for larges instead. Got out to the lake and it was just brown from all the rain. Visibility wasnt more than a foot or so, but was warming well. I spent about 3 hours or so fishing, no bass but I did catch several catfish so at least it wasnt a total bust. One lesson learned was the water level in the bait bucket was high, and the weight shifted a little to easily which made the kayak a little more tippy. Next time I wont use as much water in the bait bucket.

Got home and showered up, and my daughter wanted to go fish the neighborhood pond. I set both of us up with a weightless fluke. She can cast a spinning rod like a champ - we managed one bass and called it quits at dark. All in all, a good day.

Yes, I did say it was like cheating, but I also said it was like 'paying for it'. I guess you didn't get what you really wanted...but you did 'catch something'. Good thing you kept it 'safe' with the circle hooks.

Good times.