Thread: LKA Saturday Report

Default LKA Saturday Report

Blasted out of Sturgeon about 0535

Headed North First fished around second Bridge on North Anna Side got one solid 16" on a Buzz-bait near bridge moved along hitting edges of grass in and thicker grass/weeds with Buzz-bait got 3 more solid 16-18inchers, water is very lightly stained near second bridge 1-2.5 foot viewable. Further up becomes more stained but it is clearing, down lake is clear as a bell with view ranges in the 3-4 foot Was hot as heck out there pulled off the water at 1200. This was one of my better days on Anna for top water still haven't figure out how to get bit after Top Water shuts down.

if you manage to figure something out plz share it w/ the rest of us.

the daytime bite during the summer has always been a challenge for me. the best part about this challenge is it's forced me to learn how to fish deep[er] - and with that all of the adjustments to rigging, baits, and presentations you have to make. during this process I learned not all docks w/ deep[er] water frontages are created equal. neither are channel swings and ledges.

Quote Originally Posted by 31Airborne View Post
    if you manage to figure something out plz share it w/ the rest of us.

the daytime bite during the summer has always been a challenge for me. the best part about this challenge is it's forced me to learn how to fish deep[er] - and with that all of the adjustments to rigging, baits, and presentations you have to make. during this process I learned not all docks w/ deep[er] water frontages are created equal. neither are channel swings and ledges.
    Deeper water docks are further off the bottom there for you have to visualize shade from dock from sun location! Maybe 4-8' to the opposite side of sun. Keep that in thought next time pitching deep water docks. This also could come into play on channel ledges and drops.
    2017 Ironman winner

Good job on the early morning top water bite. I fished the tourney out of Sturgeon Sunday solo. Fished mid lake and couldn't get any takers on top throwing a whopper plopper. Caught 5 with 4 keepers all on a drop shot in 8--15 ft. That pattern has worked for me the past few trips. I don't stick around much past 11 as the boat traffic is just too much.