Thread: Cobia Fishing 7/14

Default Cobia Fishing 7/14

Took the wife and Neighbor (Matt) both them have never caught one started out doing some Flounder fishing Around the 2nd island early to no avail. Around 10 we decided to start running the bridge a bit to see if anything was along the Pilings which was a waste of time so i had some intel that the fish were up inside the bay so i started up the Baltimore Channel. Didn't see anything until just above the CY Buoy. The we started seeing a lot of small Cobia we casted at a few with the jig and had a couple chase but wouldn't eat. Kept working up the bay and started to see better fish threw an eel to one around 40" it was chomping on it and handed the rod to the wife she cranked the reel into gear a little quick but had him on for a minute then came unbuttoned..... Lesson learned. We weren't 100yards and see another cast the jig and the Matt starts jigging it gets hit but won't let him eat and sets the hook early.............. Starting to get late and time to start working back to the ramp i see one off the port side decide i will do this one. Casted the eel on his head and he is going after it I let him eat for a good 15 seconds and then put it in gear Game on he stayed on the top jumping and dancing for a bit. I had Matt get down in the cockpit and hand him the rod he does a good job for the most part working the fish. takes a few minutes to get it to the boat but he does. I am so glad the Gaff is legal again would have been a little tougher to net it. Got it in the boat and she was still a little green until she met the GET RIGHT STICK. We finished the day with a nice 43" fish.

We are told that we shouldn't judge all Muslims by the actions of an extreme few. Why can't we offer millions of law-abiding American gun owners the same consideration?

Well done Rick! We may try to go out this coming weekend.
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

Nice one Rick. Good work.

Well done, been a lot of folks talking about how hard its been to throw some flounder in the cooler this season

Big E let me know if you go i will be out as well maybe we can team up on locations

We are told that we shouldn't judge all Muslims by the actions of an extreme few. Why can't we offer millions of law-abiding American gun owners the same consideration?

Yea Brian there have been some caught around the area i went but we didn't have much luck nor did i spend much time on it. Wish i had a shallow water boat i have been told where some are at but can't get my ride in there

Awesome report and pic! I was chasing cobia on the same day, but I was fishing out of the Northern Neck. My boat isn't really set up for sight fishing so I've been chumming. Got a 33", 38" and 40.5" on Saturday. I'm gonna strap a walker onto the bow and try sight fishing next month lol.

Sounds like fun, good job
    2017 Ironman winner