Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: claytor lake or new river muskie or catfish partner

Quote Originally Posted by River Bum View Post
    Great fish! I'm hoping to be able to get out next weekend. I'll let you know if I can.
    Name:  WP_20180817_18_58_26_Pro (3).jpg
Views: 11
Size:  832.7 KB

I'm going Muskie fishing tonight after i leave work. I have all Saturday night and a day/evening/night Sunday if you're interested

Little River is good right there for muskies. I enjoy the power the possess outside of the water almost as much as they have in it. They will beat you up if you let them.

If you target both smallmouth and muskies with the same rod, reel, and lure, then just make sure you use a heavy rod and durable line. My crankbait rod is heavy and I have caught many smallmouths on a larger crankbait like 5 or even 6XD Strike King. Muskies hit them much the way a bass will. Hit a rock, pause, feel the strike, and set the hook.

Fighting a muskie too long in the hot days of summer could kill it so you want something you can still muscle them in with rather quickly.
    Thank God For Rednecks

I'd love to go man but I'm getting some overtime working this weekend since we're behind at work. Hit me up next week around Thursday and we will try to work something out for next weekend. I'll go ahead and get my boat washed and ready. Hopefully I'll make enough this weekend to buy one of those Lexas lol. Are yours 300s or 400s?

Quote Originally Posted by PokerFace View Post
    Little River is good right there for muskies. I enjoy the power the possess outside of the water almost as much as they have in it. They will beat you up if you let them.

If you target both smallmouth and muskies with the same rod, reel, and lure, then just make sure you use a heavy rod and durable line. My crankbait rod is heavy and I have caught many smallmouths on a larger crankbait like 5 or even 6XD Strike King. Muskies hit them much the way a bass will. Hit a rock, pause, feel the strike, and set the hook.

Fighting a muskie too long in the hot days of summer could kill it so you want something you can still muscle them in with rather quickly.
    Absolutely man, the exception of the Muskie my supervisor caught was that it was his first muskie. But for me personally i leave them in the water the entire time. I'll reel them to the boat, take their picture, get them in a net, then unhook them. I think it would b absolutely crazy if we all have seen each other before, lol. Because I'm always at the sportsman

Quote Originally Posted by River Bum View Post
    I'd love to go man but I'm getting some overtime working this weekend since we're behind at work. Hit me up next week around Thursday and we will try to work something out for next weekend. I'll go ahead and get my boat washed and ready. Hopefully I'll make enough this weekend to buy one of those Lexas lol. Are yours 300s or 400s?
    man i damn near went broke buying them lol. Mine are the 400's i got them for just Muskie. The 300's are between a bass baitcaster and a 400 baitcaster size wise. So if you do a lot of bass fishing, the 300 might be the better choice?

awesome fish, dood. catching one of those beasts is on my bucket list.

Quote Originally Posted by bbmogul View Post
    man i damn near went broke buying them lol. Mine are the 400's i got them for just Muskie. The 300's are between a bass baitcaster and a 400 baitcaster size wise. So if you do a lot of bass fishing, the 300 might be the better choice?
    I've been looking at them for over a year but I'm still not sure which I'd rather have. Yours look like the 400HD? I was looking at the 300 and 400 with the Winn grips. They are basically the same except the HD has a better stainless drive gear. I'm just not sure if I'd like the more compact 300 or the more inch per turn of the 400. I'm probably gonna end up getting the 400 with the double paddle handle instead of the power handle.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123