Thread: Triangle Wreck/ Mahi fishing 8/11/18

Default Triangle Wreck/ Mahi fishing 8/11/18

Went to the Triangle wrecks looking to do a little Black Seabass fishing with Dad, Brother and Wife for my Birthday. The weather was perfect for the 42 mile run water was flat like glass. Headed out of Wallace's around 6:30am making 25 knots ran out to find a fleet fishing out there which i expected. We tried 2 different wrecks only managing a hand full of bites and nothing to show for it. Around 10 i decide i am done with this and start putting the spread out to troll. About 10 minutes i we find a floating chair loaded with small dolphin i passed in and had 2 knock downs we got the first fish in the boat and lost the second. i trolled around that chair few times and picked up a couple of fish and lost a few. Wee decide to try casting to them so i break out the bass gear and we start casting plugs we hooked probably 15 but only managed to get few in the cooler. Man it was hot out there no wind and 100 degrees sucks on a boat. So we start trolling again pick up another fish then it stops i trolled for around 45 minutes until i decide i am about done and head toward a couple of boats that have been sitting in the same place for a while and we get close and the right long rigger pops with the largest Dolphin of the day. Once that one is in the boat i start trolling and as soon as the baits pop up on top the left long popped with a descent fish. That was it we were done and had a long 42 mile run in. Was a lot of fun and probably the last offshore trip for my Dad he is getting old and doesn't do well with those long days and bigger hard fighting fish anymore so it was a very special trip for me. I also was very happy with the fuel burn as i only burnt 56 gallons which is stellar was expecting closer to 80 gallons.....

We are told that we shouldn't judge all Muslims by the actions of an extreme few. Why can't we offer millions of law-abiding American gun owners the same consideration?

Hell ya captain Rick
    I'm about to play my Ace

Very nice Rick, thanks for sharing and pics
    2017 Ironman winner

Love those colors.

Those are cool looking fish! Great job Rick!
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

coolest looking fish ever. nice, rick!

Awesome colors on that fish!

I just moved to the area and if you want anyone to tag along and pitch in for fuel let me know! im always down to go

Nice, what time is dinner?