Thread: Cobia Fishing 8/31-9/1 2018

Default Cobia Fishing 8/31-9/1 2018

Wife and I started out on 8/31 fishing the CBBT early in the morning with only seeing 1 small fish on a piling. Decided that was not going to be productive at all so pushed off the bridge and started looking further out. Didn't take long to find some fish off the bridge the first group i found had some large fish in it i pitched the eel and it got hammered fast bad part was the line got wrapped under the anchor pulpit on the boat I had to jump down and get that freed fast to keep the fish on. With Braid that was not so fun but i got it without cutting up my hands. I worked the fish to the boat which took a bit to do but it got there i grabbed the gaff and miss the first shot on the fish.... not easy to hold the rod and gaff a fish yourself. i reload and get the fish back to the boat and connect on the second shoot and get him in the boat was a really nice fish measuring 46" and fat. We get set back up and ride the area for the rest of the day i saw a ton of fish they just wouldn't eat had to be 40+ boats there running over them made them skidish.

9/1 Had one of the Sons down with his GF so we start where i was the previous day and we start seeing fish quickly he had never caught on so i was planing to pitch to the first fish. Well the first fish shows up in a group of 6 fish i pitched the eel and bang it is hammered. He hops down and i hand the rod to him and get down(should have stayed up for a bit). he is fighting the fish and i see the whole school with it..... tried to pitch a jig but was to close to make that work well. We work the fish i knew it would be close in length so i netted it. It was close but 41" so we kept it. Worked the rest of the day but the boats and the clouds made it hard to see and the wife was tired of riding and wanted to bottom fish so i pulled off and appeased her for the end of the afternoon. then had to out run a storm to get in so it was not a bad day had a really good time with the family and some good eats. Ronnie with his Fish

We are told that we shouldn't judge all Muslims by the actions of an extreme few. Why can't we offer millions of law-abiding American gun owners the same consideration?

nice work, rick!

Nice work Captain Rick!
    I'm about to play my Ace

Some great fish right there.
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."

What time's dinner?

Good work, dude

Well done Rick! Nice fillets there!
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

Nice Rick looks like some good eating
    2017 Ironman winner

Awesome catch!

I gotta get a better tow vehicle so I can go down and fish the CBBT next year.