Thread: 11th Annual Veterans Outdoor Fund 9-29-18

Default 11th Annual Veterans Outdoor Fund 9-29-18

Yesterday I had the great honor in participating in the 11th Annual fall bass classic Veterans Outdoor Fund. This is a tournament where us boaters are paired with wounded, retired or active military personnel.
    I had the great privealge to get paired with two outstanding Marines , Patch Adams and a 20year service member (retiring next year) Josha Wess.
    Our day started off with something in my outboard that came apart as soon as we got on plane. My heart dropped to my feet. Not because of the thought of the what it was but because I felt like I let these two individuals down.
    I had the game plan all laid out in my head the night before. These fellas were gonna have a blast. We broke down at the mouth of Sturgeon. One of the warriors asked if I was gonna contact someone and get towed back. Negative ghost Rider...I'm dropping the trolling motor and we will hit this entire Creek. And we did. I tried to make the best of the ty situation. Fish were caught and a few good ones were lost. I couldn't stop apologizing to both of them for the issue at hand but they both understood.
    We did exchange phone numbers and I told both of them as soon as the boats fixed, we will definitely head back out again.
    All in all a great day on the water with two fine warriors. Thanks again for your service gentlemen!!
    Thanks to Larry Martin for being on stand by to tow me back in it needed. Appreciate it fella.

Crank That Jank!

You da man Wayne. Sorry about the motor.
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."

Sorry about the motor!! Same thing happened to me in my sons senior year at the HS State Championsjps. They brought over 12 lbs to the scales that day from Sturgeon. I'm sure they had a great time. Gunny puts on a great event and the weather yesterday was great!

Sux about the motor dude. Way to stick it out!
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

Way to stick it out and show them fellas a great time still...it was a awesome day with great people out there

Great job Wayne sticking it out and letting these men enjoy the day. Hats off to ya and sorry about the motor, have felt the pain before.
    One year FFC will not have their classic on same day.
    2017 Ironman winner