Thread: 11th Annual Wounded Warrior Tournament (Lake Anna, VA)

Default 11th Annual Wounded Warrior Tournament (Lake Anna, VA)

First I want to thank all those that volunteered and help sponsor such a great event, it takes a lot of work and planning to make such a successful event happen.
    I was partnered with a great Marine by the name of Joe Kennedy who just took up fishing recently. It was a great time out on the water getting to know Joe and swap stories of fishing and military life. He was eager to learn as much about fishing as he could, and I was happy to show him a few tricks I have learned along the way. We ended up running to the back of a creek with ample grass and docks so we could spend most of our day not fighting the pleasure boaters on the main lake. We spent most of our day back there picking off fish with Senkos, and having a great time. Joe was like a pro out there learning quick and getting the first hook up with a small bass almost right away, that set the tone and his confidence level as he fished hard the whole time. We continued to pluck small bass here and there upgrading here and there for a total of 8.66 lb. Joe caught our biggest fish at almost 3.5 lb, this was his biggest bass ever and I was super excited for him, and was happy to be a part of this feat with him.

I felt very blessed to have a chance to get out on the water with so many great anglers and vets and catch a few fish...Joe was super guy, angler, and Marine, who as it turns out wants to get back out and target some Potomac Snakeheads....and I will be will happy to make it happen.

Name:  20180929_143421.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  288.6 KB

Nice report and I bet it was a great time.
    1st Place VA East FOMNTT Potomac River 2006, VA East FOMNTT Big Bag 2006, VAO Frog Only Tournament Winner 2011

Well done!! Y'all weighed in just before us. Joe sure was happy about his big fish!! A great day for sure!

I guess all of us VAO'ers need to wear a special hat. Don't really know any of you new fellas by sight.......but would like to meet ya. Anyway.....good job by all.
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."

Same Larry ^^ wish I could have met up with a few more guys
    I'm about to play my Ace

Well done! Sounds like a fun day! Good job!
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Trout Chaser View Post
    Well done!! Y'all weighed in just before us. Joe sure was happy about his big fish!! A great day for sure!
    He definitely was...made my day to see him catch that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtman View Post
    I guess all of us VAO'ers need to wear a special hat. Don't really know any of you new fellas by sight.......but would like to meet ya. Anyway.....good job by all.
    I agree...I did not know anyone there, so some form of ID would be cool...or I need to just show up to some VAO tournaments

Looks and sounds like a awesome day for everybody. Congrats to Joe and his big fish and to you showing him a awesome day on the water.
    2017 Ironman winner

Quote Originally Posted by 1Cast 1Fish View Post
    I agree...I did not know anyone there, so some form of ID would be cool...or I need to just show up to some VAO tournaments
    Vao jerseys are in the making. Waiting to fine tune the print then I'll make a thread. Stay tuned...
    Crank That Jank!