Thread: Briery 10/6

Default Briery 10/6

Went with a buddy on Saturday. Water temp was around 76 degrees, and the water level was down about a foot or two. Got a fair amount of strikes on a variety of lures including crankbaits, top water, underspins, and jigs, but they were short striking most of the day so we were losing fish. We didnt see any big shad schools yet, but did see a few scattered bass pushing small schools of shad against the bank. Hopefully we can get back out there once the water cools down some more and they start to school up. Anyone else been out there seeing different results?

Last time I was there was Sept. 28. I saw several shad schools out in the middle of the lake being chased by bass. Only caught 34 bass , none over 6# though.
    There was a game commission tank truck at the 701 ramp stocking blue gill and crappie.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Last time I was there was Sept. 28. I saw several shad schools out in the middle of the lake being chased by bass. Only caught 34 bass , none over 6# though.
    There was a game commission tank truck at the 701 ramp stocking blue gill and crappie.
    Thanks for the update Wayne. You are going to have to start a Briery guide service! I can't even dream of catching 34 in a day there at this point.