Thread: Question

Question Question

OK.....I can only come down every other weekend until retirement and move down in the summer of 2020.........so I started fishing LKA for stripers starting back in March and post as often as I can, but I seem to be about the only one posting for the last 6 months. Are folks posting elsewhere or just not posting? Hemby has his blog, but I don't see much else out there. Looked back through older posts going back 10 years and there seemed to be a drastic drop in striper posts a couple years back. What happened? I realize that most folks here are after the green fish, which I have caught my share of. I've met quite a few folks out on the water that are really nice......Hooch, Goober, Bob, Kyle, GV, an others that I cannot remember their names.

Any feedback on the above is appreciated................Curly

Life has been in the way of fishing as my teenage kids get older, I haven't chased stripers for a year or two. I'm hoping to get to Anna either Friday or Saturday after thanksgiving, hopefully I can find a fish or two to post a picture of.

I do enjoy reading your reports, thanks for posting them.

I think maybe Jim and Aaron are the only guys that "target" stripers.....and occasionally Carl.
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."

The reports will ebb and flow. Believe that's a fact of life on any fishing site. Folks who frequent Anna tend to be a bit more tight-lipped than others (my opinion).

I am one of those who is caught up in the jaws of life right now - too much work, too much travel, not enuff time to fish.

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."

Bad link that will not open.............

Hmmmmmmm......opens fine for me.

OOPS!!!!!! Sorry...they were at SML.

I've never fished Lake Anna but I use to report a lot more when I could go fishing-mainly the New and Claytor. The wife having a baby this year cut into fishing so that I only went twice. Once to shad fish on the Mattaponi River and an hour of surf fishing in Hilton Head this October. I didn't even renew my VA license this year.

I pop in once in a while to live vicariously. Perhaps, next year my wife will be finally tired of me and look for reasons to get me out of the house.
    Thank God For Rednecks

I'll be back out when I get boat back from maintenance work. I generally am chasing green fish, but this time of year I'll start looking for stripers when birds are working and crappie. But will still hit some greenish as well. I don't fish Anna much in summer but when I do I will not fish for stripers. Seen too many small dead ones in summer I believe is from not being limit size and when reaped they die from stress of fight and the warm water. Hope to see you out there some time this winter. I have a red skeeter zx190 or could be in a white ranger.
    Found the bass don't really turn on till sun comes up a bit so when I get out just before daylight I like going to where I'd been finding stripers find the bait and throw a spoon while waiting for the excitement to begin.
    2017 Ironman winner