Thread: navionics

Default navionics

i'm looking to put another fish finder on my boat how do you all feel about the navionics and how accurate is it? i'm looking at one of the hummingbird model 700 finders with the navionics already installed in it. does anyone have any exp. with those?

I have the platinum chip in my Lowrance and love it. When you zoom in it gives you all the detail you need. The navigation aids for places like the Potomac and the James are invaluable.

No personal experience w/ HB products but have fished w/ many who swear by them -- and the navionics chip installed in them.

best,
    B

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite View Post
    i'm looking to put another fish finder on my boat how do you all feel about the navionics and how accurate is it? i'm looking at one of the hummingbird model 700 finders with the navionics already installed in it. does anyone have any exp. with those?
    I've just got the 798c Humminbird sidscan. The Navionics is ok, I have a lowrance as well (104c, 10.4 inch) and a Lowrance LMS 480 on the Bow. LOVE the 798c as I can find brush piles quicker, don't have run them over, and can see the general lay of the land around structure.....Basically, I am biased, I am a fan.....Since I got the sidescan, my structure fishing success is way up (deeper than 15ft)....I put that on understanding the bottom from a broader perspective.....you can follow old roadbeds btw like you were driving on them...amazing.....

My ONLY complaint is that I wish I had the 10.4 inch version, but the investment in re-electronicing my boat was just too steep for the minor gain....
    cheers,
    Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
    Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.