Thread: Sat 11/17

Default Sat 11/17

Went out on Lake Anna yesterday for some striper. Up in the rivers were kinda dirty from all the rain we’ve had so I stayed in the splits area. The birds were quite active up until about ten o’clock. A good mix of small striper and an occasional keeper over 20 inches. They weren’t glued to the bottom yet so the blade bait wasn’t the best choice. They were mostly in the 10 to 20 foot range over the 20-30 foot flats. It was a slow bite and the striper are very finicky about what they want right now. After things slowed down I started playing around with vertical jigging blade baits to see what I could muster up. I finally got tuned in on an original 1/4 oz gold silver buddy. I caught a nice four pound bass 22 foot down on a flat before a catfish destroyed the bait. I only had that one so that was the end of that, haha. Gonna have to find a few more of those just in case. I had to give the bait baby strokes off the bottom just a couple of inches and then just let it set to get the bites. It was a tough bite. Water temps 56 degrees. Tons of bait hanging in the 20 foot depth near the banks.

See you on the water my friends. God bless!
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

Andy can replace that gold blade for you, Jim.

Nice report. Hate those catfish.....especially those blue cats. Will be down Wednesday thru the end of the month.