Thread: "In the beginning was the word . . .

Default "In the beginning was the word . . .

. . . and the word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory."

Hard to believe another year has come and gone (almost). Amid the hustle and bustle of work, home life, and all of the other daily distractions it's easy to look past the reason for this season. Hopefully we can all take a few minutes to reflect, assess our blessings, and give thanks for each one.

I, for one, am a blessed man. My oldest and her husband (of 19 months) continue to grow as a couple, leading energetic faith journeys along the way. My youngest returns on 19 JAN after a 19-month mission in China where she's been sharing the Gospel to undergraduate students in Hunan Province. I'm surrounded by good friends, comrades, and neighbors. And I get to fish once in a while. I'm looking forward to retirement (again) and all of the adventures to come. I have to ask: Does it get any better than that?

Wish all of you a blessed holiday season and a healthy, prosperous 2019. Please remember why we celebrate this season. It's the only reason.

best,
    B

I've had a blessed year also. Got thru two major surgeries. Daughter doing well in nursing school. My wife put up with me for another year (28 and counting). I don't have much to complain about. Hoping Santa leaves me a new Ranger in the driveway, but as usual, I see socks and flannel shirts in my near future.

Agree with B. Very blessed here also. I try keep the good Lord first in my life. I also try to keep my "6 Fs" in line. Here they are: Faith, Family, Friends, Fishing, Fitness, and Finances. Most everything else in life is noise to me and a distraction. Sometimes the my "6 Fs" get out of whack and I find myself realigning them. Anyway, I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a happy healthy 2019.
    1st Place VA East FOMNTT Potomac River 2006, VA East FOMNTT Big Bag 2006, VAO Frog Only Tournament Winner 2011

Thanks for the encouraging word. What a blessing to have children who are focus on the prize, which is heavenward!

Great post 31! We have much to be thankful for. Celebrating the birth of our savior is the most important. There is no better gift than our salvation through our savior Jesus Christ. 2018 has been a great year with few changes in my life. New job, first child starting college... it's been all positive. Looking forward to what 2019 has in store!
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions