Thread: 2-18 Another Great Day

Default 2-18 Another Great Day

Stripers didn't bite for me today. Plenty of bait and fish, but no schools without bait close by. Chatted with a few folks that were crappie fishing... they also reported no luck.

Marked a number of fish around the island off the state park, mostly in 31' of water.

My failed methods included jigging split tail flukes and trolling paddle tail swim shad.

Lucky enough to be out there on a beautiful day nonetheless!!!

Maybe the Potomac is a better option this Friday.......Happy Hooking

Thanks for the report! Im gonna try and get out tomorrow and see what happens. Im hoping to try some live bait but it looks like its going to be too windy.

Did you have the chance to get out there? If so, do any good?

I am going to try and get out there tomorrow if the weathere up my way doesn't freeze the roads at 5:30am.

i went out today around 4pm and caught some 4-6" shad and hooked up on a few just up from stubbs bridge and up in plentiful creek (i think thats the name of the cove on the right just uplake from stubbs bridge). Im gonna bring a cooler tomorrow if i go out so i can keep some hopefully, i should be out as long as it isnt too windy or rainy/cold out to kill my motivation. There have been schools of shad from stubbs bridge up, but they are more scattered/spread out than they had been so catching them has been a little trickier but still doable for sure. im planning on trying to catch some near stubbs bridge or hunters landing and troll around and see if i can get lucky again.

i diddnt get out today, maybe tomorrow though. You make it out? if so any luck?

I diddnt end up fishing at all the past couple days, but i did decide to go for a solar power roof idea ive been wanting to do for a while. I came up on an awesome deal on a couple new 300w solar panels that were leftovers, i got the old roof and most of the adhesive off my boat cabin, and got them rough mounted. Im hoping they will put out about 13 amps at 36v or 40 amps at 12v (600w with a 20% efficiency loss which im told to expect) which would be awesome and keep me charged up for trolling if the sun ever comes back out. I have to mount my lights and the solar charge controller and clean up all the messy wiring, and fab up some supports for the back of the roof, and i should be back in business. im also doing a lot of other fab work in the cabin, i got rid of the factory sleeping area and moved the console up inside well out of the weather, i was initially thinking having a large door opening behind the driver seat, but i think im going to change it and make it centered with a window on either side and a door in the middle like most of the other pilothouse boats out there, and i want to try and squeeze two seats in on either side so it will have a 4 person total capacity. its too cold for fiberglass work right now so thats gonna have to wait till springtime. Name:  IMG_5250.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  35.6 KBName:  image2.jpeg
Views: 147
Size:  34.7 KBName:  image1.jpeg
Views: 146
Size:  33.8 KB

that's pretty awesome
    Make VAO Great again

I dig the solar panel idea! Don't see that every day. Looking forward to spring and some nicer weather.
    Chris