Thread: Nova Bass Anglers Potomac River Results 4.11.09

Default Nova Bass Anglers Potomac River Results 4.11.09

Nova Bass Anglers fished the second club tournament of the season Saturday, Aptil 11th on the Potomac River. We launched from Leesylvania State Park at safe light 6:45amish. The day started with light rain and light winds. As the day progressed the sideways rain and gusting wind became a very big factor. The main river was super rough and not fun to navigate. Top finisher reported catching a limit and culling throughout the day fishing hard cover with crankbaits and jigs.

Congratulations to the top finishers:

1st - John Fravel, 19.04 lbs
    2nd - Steve Clary, 14.47 lbs
    3rd - Rodney Upchurch, 14.40 lbs

Big Fish - Steve Clary, 6.28lbs
    Steve is on a roll this year. He has weighed in two 6lb+ fish in the first two events!

Nova Bass will fish the third club tournament of the year Sunday, May 17th on the Potomac River out of Leesylvania State Park.
    2010 VAO March Madness Big Bass

JERKIN JIMMY

Photobucket

Thumbs up Congrats

On your 1st place finish and great sack of fish......
    Ranger Z520C Mercury XPS 250

Way to go Jerkin Jimmy on the sack. Would have been nice to have seen the weigh-in you fellas put on. Maybe next TX in May. See you at Anna.

Default Thanks

fellas it was a fun day where the right bites finally happend. Glad you made it back safe Setn Hooks.

jj

JERKIN JIMMY

Photobucket

Default Rough River

Got to love the jig!!! I had so many craw parts in the livewell today I need to clean the filters!! It was the roughest I have ever seen on the potomac the ol' Ranger got me home. I was jumping waves!! Good Job John you closed the gap!!! See you all at the dead sea.

Rob

Default Thanks

a lot Rob. It was the roughest I have seen that river as well. We came back across from Chicamuxen at 10:30am in 4 footers easy, knocked the damn depthfinder out of the dash!. Glad everyone made it back safely. We should hook up Saturday at High Point Inn for some grilled goodies and a few suds.

JJ

JERKIN JIMMY

Photobucket