Thread: VA Native and Life Long Hunter

1. Default VA Native and Life Long Hunter

Hi guys and gals.

I wanted to reach out here and maybe strike up a few conversations of value with a few like-minded folks. In the past I've always avoided such platforms. While the sport of hunting brings out the absolute best in people, it can also bring out the worst- Particularly with jealousy. Whether it's about a neighbor harvesting "your" deer or resentment stemming from the haves and have nots. This negativity all too often flows into the realm of forums. Hopefully this will not be the case here!

Avid hunter here
    Completely enthralled with maps and new hunting techniques
    Fondness for gobbling toms and good handshakes

welcome aboard! think you'll find plenty of like-minded doods on here. your frustrations aren't limited to hunting. we see/experience it daily in the fishing domain. NO shortage of hunters on here who'll no doubt jump in and offer their 2 cents.

3. Default

Thanks 31Airborne- I see Blacksburg listed. Are you on the New River scene? Spent a few years at Virginia Tech and loved the float to McCoy. Charlotte currently but "home" being in Franklin County.

Quote Originally Posted by 31Airborne View Post
    welcome aboard! think you'll find plenty of like-minded doods on here. your frustrations aren't limited to hunting. we see/experience it daily in the fishing domain. NO shortage of hunters on here who'll no doubt jump in and offer their 2 cents.

Welcome, have been a avid hunter until my shoulder surgey year before last, getting a shotgun back on that shoulder doesn't sound as great as it once did
    2017 Ironman winner
    2019 Polar Bear winner

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by skeet1 View Post
    Welcome, have been a avid hunter until my shoulder surgey year before last, getting a shotgun back on that shoulder doesn't sound as great as it once did
    Thank you! My shoulder has a slight hesitation from the 3.5's out of the pump. Rotator cuff or?

Welcome Travis. Hunting since I was a youngster for ducks and geese on eastern shore of MD until my mid 20's.....then last 40+ years devoted to the VA deer population. I have put a very slight dent in that population....lol. Currently hunting in NW Fauquier County in mountains. First year....(last year)....that I have not killed a deer. Hope to change that this year.
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."

yessir, I live a couple miles from the river. have yet to fish (fished claytor quite a bit tho'). have been mulling over the idea of getting a canoe - best way to tackle the New.