Thread: KERR

Default KERR

Our next FOM is May 30th at Kerr. Any one fishing down there prior to the week starting on May 25th?

Thanks
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

I have a club TX there 16-17 MAY. Will go down the THUR prior, prefish hard. I'll post here.

Anything special you want me to look at?

Where are you launching from?
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

Club TX will go out of North Bend Park. I will head uplake. May not go as far as the riverine waters, but will see a good bit of it. PM me if you have something in mind. I will honor your spot.

Probably not much help for your tourney next month Jim, but we fished a club tourney @ Kerr this past Sat (25 Apr). Water level was 303 & H2O temps were mid 60s. Fishing was tough - best limit was only 12#. Everyone reported catching a lot of shorts/bucks & there was only 1 quality fish weighed (4 pounder on a crankbait). I didn't see any bedding fish. Guys reported catching fish in the bushes prefishing on Friday, but said that bite died out Sat. Guys who caught the better fish said their fish came on gum trees later in the afternoon. I started midlake (Rudds area) & moved uplake from there. I threw the kitchen sink at 'em, but only thing I could get going was spinnerbait around the bushes (only caught small fish). In the afternoon, hit the back pockets of main lake cuts around Clarksville. Did have a few quality fish swipe at the bait but miss it.
    My guess is end of May will be a post spawn pattern. Good luck to ya!