Thread: Anyone else see the carp hitting the shore lines this past weekend?

Default Anyone else see the carp hitting the shore lines this past weekend?

Anyone else see the carp hitting the shore lines this past weekend? They were in pairs, guess they were mating. Kinda cool seeing those larg fish splashing around.

yes, Gman and I first thought it was bass feeding. Upon closer look we found out it was carp. Guess mating time has arrived for them

I know 2 weeks ago they were really thrashing around in certain areas of the Potomac. That should be over with before too much longer. We saw some that were over 3 feet long. A bowfisherman's dream!

Default must be in the air

The wife an I was on the shenandoah and the carp there, did the same thing... going to town:Party:.. When we first pulled up i was like the bass are killing on top water.. lol
    </div>

we saw alot at the aquia on the potomac to.

Yeah the carp last saturday were going nuts on the potomac, they were going nuts 2 weeks ago on anna as well. Yeah, I believe its there mating time as well. My question is are the males sterile? When the carp were put in lake anna they were supposed to be sterile.
    "Drive it like you stole it." /hell/

Yes the carp have been doing there thang the past couple weeks on Anna. But they start most years when the Dogwoods bloom and this year they were a couple weeks behind, just as all the fish have been. Not real sure why that has been??

CCBASSN Guest

The only carp that are sterile are Grass carp!!!! The ones that you are seeing do this are the Common Carp or German carp!!! Yes they will destroy a bass nest, but they do not do this because they say "hey there is a bass nest, I think I will go over there" They are just doing their job of cleaning the bottom like a vaccum cleaner. They are a lot of fun to shoot with a bow and are even more fun to catch on lite tackle!!!!!!!!!

Saw a bunch thrashing around Mattawoman and Aquia this past weekend.